Prop Question for the 95 210pro

Ok, had a 95 Merc 225 on the boat turning a 23 tempest. Boat did great, decent hole shot would run 61 ish. Dropped a wrist pin on the Merc and found a used 06, 250 Etec. When I first installed the motor I ran a 23 pitch prop....blew it out. I went to my local prop shop and he gave me several to try...blew them all out trying to get on plane. Installed a byrons foil and it fixed the blow out. But now its struggle city to get on pad with a 24 and 25 raker. 24 does ok, but 2 full tanks of gas and full live wells my son has to jump up on the deck. The 24 does great light, runs top around 58 ish. Decent hole shot, but you would think the 250 would launch this ole tank. I am no speed demon by any means I just want a good hole shot when she is loaded down and decent top end. I have the tempest left over from the merc, thinking about putting a rude hub kit in it and trying it out. I have a 10" hydro atlas plate with a holeshot plate added, just fyi. Any suggestions for this big ass heavy boat?

2. Member
    That boat should be running around 67 to 72 imo. What rpms are you getting at top speed?

With the 25 Raker it ran 58 @ 4800 RPMs and the 24 Raker it runs 59 @ 5000 rpms. I haven't looked at the rams on the 23 pitch yet.

4. Member
    I have the 1999 200 BASS ProCraft with a newer 225 Optimax and a 6" plate. After trying half a dozen different props I have settled for the 25 Fury. Good holeshot tournament loaded and running 66 (GPS) at 5650 RPM. Vent holes are wide open and it is 3" below pad with plenty of water pressure. Tempest was faster but my holeshot was tough fully loaded. Good luck