Old boat, new electronics and TM

How do you guys factor in pricing for newer electronics and trolling motor on an older boat? For example, and old rig that may have an average of selling price of $5k, but has been updated with new electronics and trolling motor that total over $5k alone. If the seller isn't open to removing the upgrades, what percentage of the upgrades would be considered a normal add on? 100% and it's now a $10k rig? 90% and it's now a $9500 rig? Hopefully this make sense what I'm trying to ask.

2. Banned
    The trolling motor has more sway on the price... The "new" electronics were outdated by the time he put them on... If I were pricing or buying the boat I'd expect to recoup/ spend maybe half of the cost of the upgrades... So $7000 - $7500... Dan

3. Banned
    I tend to agree with about 50% recoup of original cost.

Kind of funny though that when you buy new from the dealer, they tend to mark 50% over the real world price.

4. Member
    I would factor in the actual market value of the upgrades by seeing what they sold for on ebay. Deduct that number from the total asking price and see if it makes sense. The condition of the boat is also a big factor with a ChampioN since they don't make them anymore.

5. Member
    Thanks guys!