BANG... Uh Oh...

Got about a mile from the ramp on my way home yesterday and got a big BANG and blue smoke from the trailer. Got stopped and found the right trailer wheel is jammed up into the fender and won't move. Pulled the lugs, can't budge the tire. Had to call for a flatbed. Turns out it's a broken leaf spring on the right side. Getting both replaced today. Can wait to get this towing bill......NOT.....

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    My insurance covers me for the first $100... I had my bearings got out about 10 miled from the house.. They can never seem to get a flat bed wide enough.

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    My insurance covers me for the first $100... I had my bearings got out about 10 miled from the house.. They can never seem to get a flat bed wide enough.
    Unfortunately we don't have emergency road service on it so the full bill is going to be painful. I sat in the road for about 3 1/2 hours working on getting a flatbed. A real PITA.

Tom

4. Member
    Sorry about your bad luck. That side is the one that takes the most abuse.

5. Member
    I've saved a boat with the same problem, used my Harbor Fright jack to jack the trailer up, and wedged wood blocks between the axle and frame so they could make it home. Used cargo straps to hold the wood.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 06-18-2018 at 07:29 AM. Reason: sperlingk

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I've saved a boat with the same problem, used mu Harbor Fright jack to jack the trailer up, and wedged wood blocks between the axle and frame so they could make it home. Used cargo straps to hold the wood.
    I looked at everything when I had it jacked up, or so I thought. I never saw the broken spring and it was right in front of my face..

Tom