Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    Lower hp rating to avoid strutual problems down the road

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    If this is the case then that doesnt show that they have alot of faith in the product they are putting out then. Dont brag about the structural design then underpower. Makes zero sense.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Man its hilarious people are so worried about how big the motor is vs other more important factors such as structural integrity, fishability, design thought and layout. Really don't care about going 10 mph faster if the boat fits what I need and gets me from point a to b, in what 5 less minutes. Fished many years of tournaments and had the 250's. Smaller motor is less gas, less insurance and less cost. No brainer for those that fish and not race. Love the new setups, the motor will not be a deal breaker for me. I aint that mad at em anymore. Just want to show my kids a good time and sore lip some.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

4. Member
    Yamaha Motors that I have had 25 90 115 175 .Launched went the same distance.Fished about the same places .Used 6 gallons of gas each time .Most people think small motors get better mpg but they just don’t go as far as Big motor guys dose .My 175 is great on gas if I stay between 45 and 50 .I think .100 gauge hull and the unknown on how they will hold up over time .Time will tell..100 hull and hp rating is why i will not buy one
    Last edited by Nickl; 06-30-2018 at 09:30 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    The 1880 is basically the same boat as the 1980 but just a little shorter. I think the beam is the same, aluminum is the same, 1/4 inch bracing at the transom is the same, the .125 transom metal is the same. They will put a 150 on the 1980 so I don't think it is structural. I think they want to force you to a 1980 sale to get the 150, but what they have not comprehended is that they might force you into another brand boat like XPRESS if you don't want a 20 ft. boat.

You can buy an Xpress X19 with the 150 for about the same or less than the Vexus 1880 with a 115, and Xpress has been doing this a long time. It is poor marketing against the competition

Most guys here, I dont think, care to or want to go 70 MPH but would like to be able to cruise at 45 or so without running wide open all the time. You can look at Yamaha Performance Bulletins with the 115 and the 150 and the efficiency is better or about the same with the 150 at 3500 or so RPM and the 115 at 6000 RPM.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

6. Member
    Why dont yall let it go and go buy an xpress. Its almost comical that you are demanding answers that they are not giving you. Have all you that are bitching even seen one in person?? They are very nice boats, if ya dont want a 115, go buy something else. Everybody speculating the speeds and there arent many even on the water yet. Good grief, they just announced the new company 7 months ago, Tracker has been building them for 40 years and still havent got them right (yes, I have owned 2)!
    2006 Ranger Z20

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterAg99 View Post
    Man its hilarious people are so worried about how big the motor is vs other more important factors such as structural integrity, fishability, design thought and layout. Really don't care about going 10 mph faster if the boat fits what I need and gets me from point a to b, in what 5 less minutes. Fished many years of tournaments and had the 250's. Smaller motor is less gas, less insurance and less cost. No brainer for those that fish and not race. Love the new setups, the motor will not be a deal breaker for me. I aint that mad at em anymore. Just want to show my kids a good time and sore lip some.
    Most of us have same experiences with all facets of size and horsepower. If you are worried about insurance and gas might not want to spend 30 grand on something. I don’t have an overall opinion but when I go shopping for a toy I start at the top and work down.

8. Member
    FYI I have a 21 with 250. So I am the least concerned about 30K, just making a general point for reasoning why they marketed this way. I personally don't want a big motor on a boat I am using in stumps and shallows anyhow. Food for thought.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I don't think it is a legal thing like the physical measurements keeping them from it. Xpress even has a 18 ft. boat that they will put a 150 on if you order hydraulic steering. But Xpress has been making that boat a long time and has experience with the transom and how it holds up. I think it is called a H18. It is actually 10 inches shorter than the Vexus so I don't think it is a legal thing with measurements.

Maybe they want to get a few of these out on the water with the 115 on it and see if they new transom design holds up with the 115 without cracking or something before they decide to rate it for a 150. If you compare the measurements with the Xpress, it definitely could be rated for a 150 it seems to me. Maybe they will make some with the 115 and see how it holds up and then bump it up by 2 inches to have a "new" model rated for the 150. I know one thing....it is a great looking boat, they just missed the mark with the motor and that's a big deal when you buy a boat. I don't want to race a boat but I don't want to run wide open 100% of the time to do 45MPH either.
    Once the hp rating is set , it can't be changed without a redesigned hull?

10. Banned
    What did you people expect? Slow but pretty boats are in their blood.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    What did you people expect? Slow but pretty boats are in their blood.
    so true

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234