Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Vexus AVX1880

Twitch, twitch, plop, stop, twitch, plop, KA-BLOOOOM – and hold on! The rhythmic action and edge-of-your-seat excitement in top water fishing makes for a memorable bite.
    It’s also a snapshot of what happened when we hit the water with the first AVX1880. As we set up for the early morning photo shoot, we watched both the sun and fish rise. Bait fish scattered in droves, chased by green monsters on a mission. It was one of ‘those’ mornings we all dream of – albeit a little challenging for the photographer. Keeping the on-camera talent focused on the job at hand while he was circled by fish boils was an all-but-impossible task. 😊 It was another great start to a solid-performing Vexus™. Easy to launch, load, and tow, the 1880 is also an easy fit in most garages. Included in this post are a few photos from the shoot as well as some overview details…
    AVX1880
    • Length - 18’ 10”
    • Beam - 95”
    • HP – 115
    • Fuel Cap – 32 Gal
    • Center Rod Box Length – 8’
    • Speeds – mid 40s to 50
    • Overall Length on Trailer (tongue open, no plate) – 20’ 9”
    • Overall Width on Trailer – 8’ 2”
    • Base Price - $26,898

By the way, for those in the area, both an AVX1880 (powered by a 115 Merc) as well as an AVX1980 with a 150 Evinrude are slated to be at the Houston Summer Boat Show this coming week, June 13-17. You can explore even more info, including Standard Features, Color Options, Specs/Capacities, and photos by visiting our website (vexusboats.com). Thanks for checking in!

Another amazing morning in a Vexus!

Some things are worth fightin' for!

Rated for a 115, the AVX1880 is roomy and responsive.

The AVX1880 is available in both single and dual console configurations.

Huge fishing decks are designed with equally generous storage capacity. Inside, the storage boxes are equipped with compression latches, raised dams surrounding the openings, and weather trim seals providing a confident water barrier.

Vexus Boats are available with a choice of outboards, including Mercury, Evinrude, Yamaha, and Suzuki.

The high performance pad v hull is engineered for a smooth, ultra-dry ride.

Our trademarked Hard Case Paint with its unparalleled performance and incredible finish is just one of the stand-out differences in a Vexus aluminum rig.

The 1880's Glass-infused cockpit includes a choice of electronics as well as a world of leg and knee room.

Custom seating configurations include an open step as shown here as well as a center fold-down seat/step, and center storage box with step.
    Also shown in this photo is an available driver side seat slide. It's just one of the bonus features included in our popular Victor Package - a special set of factory-rigged accessories offering outstanding savings and serious performance.

Passenger Console
    Our lockable glove box is designed with a large opening and extensive room inside.

The 1880's front deck step is standard, offering extra room for small items.

Talk about a window with a view!

2. Member
    Awesome looking boats...115 on a 19' boat...no thanks

3. Member
    Nice! I will be at the Houston show.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Has anyone yet received any kind of explanation from Vexus as to the low horsepower ratings for their boats?

they are keeping them performing fair and we should see full power boats in a higher price range in the future
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Has anyone yet received any kind of explanation from Vexus as to the low horsepower ratings for their boats?
    The specs are almost identical to the Ranger RT188 (I would assume the AVX1980 would be comparable to the RT198) so has anyone received an answer why the Ranger's are only rated for 115 and 150 respectively?
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

7. Member
    I would love to have this boat and am in the market for buying a new boat, but I will probably buy an Xpress X19 because of the HP ratings that Vexus implements for the hull. It s disappointing and no one ever explains why. I have asked the question as to why you can basically buy the same hull as far as length and beam with Xpress and put a 200 on it. I will probably buy it with a 150. I don't want to go to a 20 ft. Aircraft carrier to put a 150 on it...sorry.

Why isn't this boat rated for a 150 at least? Is Xpress really that much tougher of a boat? With a 115, you are in the market of the RT188 with some Vexus features that are better designed, but the HP rating will keep me from buying one and it will also keep a lot of others from buying it. I am not a speed demon, but a 150 would get you in the high 50s and maybe 60MPH.... I wish somebody would explain the coast guard rules or lack of confidence in the build strength that keeps it WAY under Xpress ratings for basically the same platform.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    It's really not much different than the rating. On a Ranger RT188 or Triton 18TX. This Vexus boat is only 2" longer and probably has a more efficient hull design.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    The specs are almost identical to the Ranger RT188 (I would assume the AVX1980 would be comparable to the RT198) so has anyone received an answer why the Ranger's are only rated for 115 and 150 respectively?
    It is supposed to be built with a stronger transom and transom bracing than Ranger. I think the transom is even thicker than the Ranger. I could be wrong about this, but that is what I understand. It should be able to handle a 150. I am not sure it is the same as the RT188 as far as transom and hull......BUT it sure has the same HP rating.
    RT188

10. Member
    Are the rear storage compartments on the 1880 the same size as the 1980?

Something I have been looking for is pictures of the hull design on the 1980 and now the 1880 also. For instance I would like to see a picture of the transom going straight away from a low angle. I would like to see the design of the pad, the steps if it is a stepped hull, and the deadrise. I would like to also see a picture of the bow straight on from a low angle. Haven't wrapped my head around the design of the bow hull yet, I see it is a deep bow design and wraps around the front at a pretty much vertical angle, I cannot determine if the keel is semi V running up to this bow or is it relatively a flat curve. I have not seen such details and until I can see one in person, likely quite a while away, I am left to only speculate what you have designed.

12. Banned
    Tin boat and everyone wants to go fast. Defeats the purpose imho

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    It is supposed to be built with a stronger transom and transom bracing than Ranger. I think the transom is even thicker than the Ranger. I could be wrong about this, but that is what I understand. It should be able to handle a 150. I am not sure it is the same as the RT188 as far as transom and hull......BUT it sure has the same HP rating.
    That would definitely be worthy of having a higher horsepower rating if it is beefier!

Does the Xpress X series have thicker transoms as well or are there other factors that could affect the Max HP ratings on them?
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

I’m only guessing, but I imagine Vexus knows most people in the aluminum bass boat market are looking for value over high speed performance. Triton, Ranger, even Bass Tracker tend to “underpower” their aluminum rigs to keep the price point down. Putting a 150 on it will raise the price several thousand dollars. Vexus would have a niche product, but be unable to go head to head with the other players in the field.

I would want a 150 on it, but I also run a glass boat. I’m guessing many who are criticizing the low HP rating are also running glass boats?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Tin boat and everyone wants to go fast. Defeats the purpose imho
    I don't really consider what this boat would do with a 150 as "fast" and I doubt many others do either. It would run in the upper 50s is what I would expect and a good efficiency is about 3500 to 4000 RPMs which would let you cruise at the mid 40s..... In my opinion that's not fast.

I do agree with you about "defeating the purpose" if it was a fast boat. But in my opinion a 150 would not make it a fast boat considering what boats run nowadays. Also who says you have to order it with a 150 just because it is rated for that.....If YOU don't want it, order it with a 115. No problem doing that. I see a lot of Tracker 190 and RT188 boats with 90s on them and they are rated for a 115...

This boat would be a good size for a lot of people that fish some reservoirs in the southeast. If you would like to cruise to a place to fish at about 45 or so, you wouldn't have to run the motor wide open all the time. With a some gear and two people and full gastank and livewell, this boat will probably not even do 45 wide open. And 45 is not fast in my opinion....With a 150 you would not have to run wide open to do that.
    RT188

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    That would definitely be worthy of having a higher horsepower rating if it is beefier!

Does the Xpress X series have thicker transoms as well or are there other factors that could affect the Max HP ratings on them?
    Xpress has a thicker transom than the Ranger RT and most other 18-19 ft. Boats is my understanding. But from looking at the two boats I think the bracing and beefiness award would go to Vexus. I would not want to see a 200 on it like Xpress offers in the X19 but I think a 150 as maximum HP rating would be great. It would also offer a differentation from the RT188 and the Tracker190.......

And if you wanted to order it at a more affordable price, order it with the 115. That's the part I think people keep missing..... It would be so much more appealing with a 150 and even with that motor, it would not be fast. It might do the upper 50s with fishing gear and a couple of men in the boat with gas and such. That ain't fast and it would allow you to not have to run wide open to do 45-50.
    RT188

17. Joe4d
    yeh I was intrigued at first till I saw the dismal HP rating. And going up to the 20 only gets you a 150 rating, Buying in the fall so far leaning towards express or ranger, with ranger in the lead as I can get the evenrude engine on it,, Can an xpress be ordered with an Evinrude ?

18. Member
    Dam nice boats and designs.

Of all you folks complaining about HP & how vital top speed is , what HP does your tin rig have? 250, 225, heck surely none of you are running less than a 200, seeing as how you frown on a 150.

19. Joe4d
    If I was going to a 20 foot boot Id probably want a 200, for the 18 -10 Id be happier with a 175,,, also dont see anything but a painted trailer offered. Wouldnt touch one, They need the option of aluminum of galvaanized trailer as well.
    New company,, so they will learn. But right now Crestliner, Ranger, Xpress, and probably lots others are gonna beat em on available options like horse power and corrosion resistant trailers.
    These folks arnt compaigning, they are pointing out shortcomings that would have them chose another boat. Maybe the MFG is on this forum and can see the constructive comments.
    Offer better trailer,
    Offer better HP packages.

I would say the 1880 rated for 150 and the 1980 rated for 175-200 would be better. Nothing wrong with having higher hp capability for those that want it. Those of you that tout how speed doesnt matter in tin can always get yours with a smaller motor. Nice looking boat tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast