Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    so when all of us are asking why they are rated low for HP, we never get an answer from Vexus on this? The standard answer is it's rated for the price point, but that never answers the question and it seems they are dodging the question? Why?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

2. Member
    Crickets.....

I live in CO and my current rig a tr186 w/ a 150 cruises 40 mph at 3800-4200 depending on water texture more than load. My buddy has a Z6 nitro w/ a 115 and he can barely hit 45 empty and WOT. Both of us wish we had better perfomance as it stands now.

Most our lakes we fish have 40 mph speed limit. So no, I'm not looking for a speed demon. BUT, I would like to cruise and like most have said, not run WOT all day. I was hoping my next rig would cruise 40 in the lower 3000 range and be a real fuel sipper.

I'd really like to know why the did what they did.

I was seriously considring selling the Triton for one of these. Towing through mountain passes sure would be easier. But no way I'm dropping 35k to be disappointed evertime i want to make a run. I'm sure it fishes great troller down. But if i just wanted to get out on the water, a jon boat would do the trick too.

I was looking for a "Total Performance Machine"

"Total Performance Machine"
    You said it a Total Performance Machine, is rated for the max it can handle to allow consumers the ability to get the total performance out of it. I love the concept and design, but they are missing the boat here!

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

4. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by strids97 View Post
    so when all of us are asking why they are rated low for HP, we never get an answer from Vexus on this? The standard answer is it's rated for the price point, but that never answers the question and it seems they are dodging the question? Why?
    Dude! let it go man, you're not gonna get an answer

I got an email from S. Clark since I sent him a private message, and still didn't get a good answer. I've come to the conclusion that we won't get an answer, but it doesn't make any sense as to why they won't share that information. When consumers are asking they should answer :)

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

6. Member
    Let it go! Buy another brand!

7. Member
    I got an email from S. Clark since I sent him a private message, and still didn't get a good answer. I've come to the conclusion that we won't get an answer, but it doesn't make any sense as to why they won't share that information. When consumers are asking they should answer :)

I would beg to differ with your statement. If I compare the specs to the horsepower for an xpress x18 Pro: I see that the X18 Pro is rated for 115, but can be rated for 150 with additional steering add-ons. So basically I would say the AVX1880 is very comparable for that with the 115 rating. Dude, let it go!!

8. Member
    They put Bay Star systems on a lot of boats with less than 150's. Sea Star is usually 150 and up. Still cost difference is only a couple hundred bucks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hsumaverick01 View Post
    I would beg to differ with your statement. If I compare the specs to the horsepower for an xpress x18 Pro: I see that the X18 Pro is rated for 115, but can be rated for 150 with additional steering add-ons. So basically I would say the AVX1880 is very comparable for that with the 115 rating. Dude, let it go!!
    I don't think that is a correct comparison. The Xpress X18 is only 18 feet long. The Vexus is 18' 10" and the Xpress X19 is 19 feet even which is only a two inch difference. So, the X19 would be a much better comparison as the boats are very similar in beam measurement and length. Xpress X19 comes standard with a 150 HP motor. They don't even LIST a 115 for it. And you can put a 200 on the X19 if you want and the Vexus limits you to a 115 on pretty much the same size boat within 2 inches.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

I will let it go, just know my money won't be spent on a Vexus. they don't have what I want for my money with the HP I want which is disappointing because I was expecting something that would be. I only hope with all the questioning of the HP ratings maybe they will re-think it by the time I'm ready to buy later this year or early 2019.

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Maybe Vexus doesn't want to reveal their internal market research decisions over the internet where their competitors could read them. Just a thought.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Maybe Vexus doesn't want to reveal their internal market research decisions over the internet where their competitors could read them. Just a thought.
    Common sense post of the thread! Refreshing...

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Common sense post of the thread! Refreshing...

So their internal market research concluded that they should under power the rating of their boat ... LOL! Wouldn't want our competitors to catch on to that logic ....LOL!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    So their internal market research concluded that they should under power the rating of their boat ... LOL! Wouldn't want our competitors to catch on to that logic ....LOL!
    Shhhhhhh.... We gotta keep that secret. Build a boat very similar in size and weight to the Xpress X19, include a pad hull like Xpress, then make it somewhat nicer and put a heavy duty 1/4 inch braced transom on it, then put a 115 on it instead of the 150-200 that Xpress will let YOU DECIDE which motor you want. That's some internal marketing that I would have a problem with.

I guarantee you that they did not ask potential future buyers what they think should be done. I would bet that 90% of the people that own boats that were tallied would say to rate it at a 150 and offer it with the 115 or the 150 whichever the CUSTOMER thinks they are willing to pay their money for.....if they were ever asked. No brainer.
    RT188

My RT 198 P with a 150 tops out at 62mph with a Pro XS and a 22 pitch prop on it. I got that top speed on a empty boat two people and 10 gals of gas. Loaded up full tank and livewell I get 55 to 58mph all the time. That is plenty fast enough and boat can handle Lake St. Clair. I am sure the Vexus will match that for speed.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    My RT 198 P with a 150 tops out at 62mph with a Pro XS and a 22 pitch prop on it. I got that top speed on a empty boat two people and 10 gals of gas. Loaded up full tank and livewell I get 55 to 58mph all the time. That is plenty fast enough and boat can handle Lake St. Clair. I am sure the Vexus will match that for speed.
    This thread is about the 1880. They are only going to allow a 115 on it. Your Ranger has a 150 on it. There is NO WAY that the 1880 they are introducing with a 115 will match up with your boat with a 150.

I agree that 55-58 is fine. This boat with a load and a couple of people and gas etc. I doubt will break 50. Probably more like 45....so you will have to run your motor wide open all the time to cruise at a decent speed. And some people - a lot of people - don't want to buy a 20 ft. boat for a lot of different reasons. But they would like a boat to cruise at a decent speed without burying the throttle all the time.

With that, I will leave this subject alone, but I had to say that you can't believe the 1880 which is the title of the thread will run with your Ranger. Beautiful boat though.
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 06-22-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    RT188

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    This thread is about the 1880. They are only going to allow a 115 on it. Your Ranger has a 150 on it. There is NO WAY that the 1880 they are introducing with a 115 will match up with your boat with a 150.

I agree that 55-58 is fine. This boat with a load and a couple of people and gas etc. I doubt will break 50. Probably more like 45....so you will have to run your motor wide open all the time to cruise at a decent speed. And some people - a lot of people - don't want to buy a 20 ft. boat for a lot of different reasons. But they would like a boat to cruise at a decent speed without burying the throttle all the time.

With that, I will leave this subject alone, but I had to say that you can't believe the 1880 which is the title of the thread will run with your Ranger. Beautiful boat though.
    I have seen a few people brought up the other 19 ft model in this thread also. But the point I was trying to make is that the speeds will be comparable to the RT series of boats no matter the size.

18. Comanche warrior MassBass320v's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    I have seen a few people brought up the other 19 ft model in this thread also. But the point I was trying to make is that the speeds will be comparable to the RT series of boats no matter the size.
    Everyone is wanting to compare it to something that is already out there. But they have been cramming down everyones throats the paat 6 months that they are going to be the revolution of the bass boat world so wouldnt yoy want to set the bar a little higher? Myself i wouldnt want it compred to anything but rather a league of its own.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Everyone is wanting to compare it to something that is already out there. But they have been cramming down everyones throats the paat 6 months that they are going to be the revolution of the bass boat world so wouldnt yoy want to set the bar a little higher? Myself i wouldnt want it compred to anything but rather a league of its own.
    That's the point i've been trying to make all along, if this is supposed to be Revolutionary in the bass boat world in Tin Boats then why don't you make it so it's set apart from the rest so they are trying to catch you both in performance and it design. The boats look great, just the HP ratings are too low. in another thread they've already stated the 2018 1880 will be rated to 135hp. getting closer but hardly anyone makes a 135 so you are still stuck for the majority with a 115. No real gain there. just rate it to 150hp now and be done with it!

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast