Thread: Dash gauges.

Dash gauges.

What gauges are suppose to be on my dash for a 92 champion elite bas boat. Also I have a steady alarm only in water. My thermostats are in great shape clean of any debri. Look almost new. Water lines are clean. Any subsections other than the temp sensor. Tested that it works properly?

2. Banned
    What engine???... Post on the Motors Forum to get the most eyes also... Dan

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Water pressure, fuel and tach ... after that, whatever you want to fill the holes. My 93 dash had Water Pressure, Trim, Fuel, Tach, Speedo and Lowrance 1240a Flasher.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott4721 View Post
    What gauges are suppose to be on my dash for a 92 champion elite bas boat. Also I have a steady alarm only in water. My thermostats are in great shape clean of any debri. Look almost new. Water lines are clean. Any subsections other than the temp sensor. Tested that it works properly?
    Water pump.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

5. Member
    I have Fuel, tack, and depth, I have 2 open holes in the dash where something was mounted.

6. Banned
    Probably missing speedo, volt meter and or trim gauge... Dan

7. Member
    Turned out mercury dealer told me to just pull my thermostats out and I shouldn’t have a problem. He said that believe it or not their not nesasary. Runs great and plenty of water pressure to cool engine.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Turned out mercury dealer told me to just pull my thermostats out and I shouldn’t have a problem. He said that believe it or not their not nesasary. Runs great and plenty of water pressure to cool engine.
    Did he also let you know your could cold seize your engine in cold water temps? That is one of the joys of not running thermostats.

9. Member
    I asked that question. He said with the year of the motor and as long as the water temperature is 40 and above I shouldn’t have a problem. Here we fishing cooling lakes. Had it out the other day water temp was 97 degrees.

Hmmmmm, I’ll bet he has an engine he’d like to sell you. Let’s see, set of two thermostats $20, rebuilt engine $X,XXX.XX or new engine $XX,XXX.XX. I’m not good at math but you should listen to ChampioNman, and enjoy your boat for a long, long time.

p.s. They put them there for a reason.

BTW: Welcome to the forum!

And you might want to check whatever you’re measuring water temperature with cause it’s not working either. It’s way off. Really.
    Last edited by 86 inches; 06-18-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

12. Member
    In Illinois the water is horribly dirty. Algae blooms are non stop. He’s a local mechanic with extremely good reputation. Thermostats are always clogging up. At the going rate you’d have to replace them once a month. He runs the same engine I have and recommended removing them. He’s removed them from his. Was skeptical saw him on the river the other day and even had him pull the case where his thermostats are suppose to be and their were none. Not to say when the temps drop that I won’t put new ones in.