Lodging on Chick

I am planning on coming down in the middle of June and need some help.
    I have found a cabin just outside of Harrison bay state park and a condo on nicka that in the TN river gorge area near suck creek.

Trying to decide between the two, I can leave my boat in the water at the one near suck creek but I am not sure if Harrison Bay has slips that I can rent or not.
    I am also open to other places but these are the best two that I can find.

My dilemma is two fold , one my wife and kid will be with me and I will really need to be able to find a way to unhook the trailer and keep the boat on the water.
    Two I am not sure where I want to fish I believe the fishing on chick is better than nicka but I am not real sure about that.
    Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Greg

2. Member
    Blue Water Resort is nice. Has a very nice pool, general store on site. Boat slips.
    Basscat!

3. Member
    Blue Water is nice, but it's at Dayton, which is 30 miles from Chattanooga. Not much to do in Dayton for the family. Try Island Cove Marina (close to Harrison Bay). See if they have any slip and lodging available. My last choice would be Suck Creek on Nickajack. Which I could be of more help.

4. Member
    Looks like island cove has everything I need.
    thinking Chic is where to fish

5. Member
    I’m in chick now and have been since Thursday. Slowest I’ve seen it. Two 15” keepers and ton of short fish for 3 days. I’ve not scanned one fish on ledges.
    Basscat!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    I’m in chick now and have been since Thursday. Slowest I’ve seen it. Two 15” keepers and ton of short fish for 3 days. I’ve not scanned one fish on ledges.
    You need new electronics if you haven't found any fish on ledges. A bunch of fish pulled up with high muddy water and temp drop from it but there's still a ton out there.

The fish do have short syndrome though. Spent 10 hours out there yesterday looking for fish for a tournament today and 3 out of 50+ fish would have weighed. No reason to waste money on a tourney when it's like that

7. Member
    I never fished south of Richland and still didn’t see anything on the ledges.
    Basscat!

8. Hagen
    So you fished ledges north of Richland creek?
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    I never fished south of Richland and still didn’t see anything on the ledges.
    You are about 20 miles too far north. Start at the nuclear towers and go downstream, south, toward Chick dam.

10. Member
    I never saw anything on the ledges so didn’t do anything other than scan. I did Fish on the backside of the bars and back in the pockets. My wife wanted to stay at avnice place on that side of the lake and that’s all I found. We didn’t want a hotel.
    Basscat!

11. Member
    I am going to be staying at island cove near harrison bay, looking at the map there seem to be some nice drops near the islands but I am not much of a l deep water kind of guy. What the chances of catching them early in the morning shallow? I am thinking of shallow water next to deep water type of deals.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I am going to be staying at island cove near harrison bay, looking at the map there seem to be some nice drops near the islands but I am not much of a l deep water kind of guy. What the chances of catching them early in the morning shallow? I am thinking of shallow water next to deep water type of deals.
    Pick your poison shallow early, find grass and fish over top of it and along the edges once the sun gets up.

If you decide you want to try deeper offshore stuff just do what everyone else does, run down the lake till you see a boat then pull in beside them and start fishing. Kidding of course.