I have had this boat since 2007 and have never had issues with dead fish. Just fill wells and put main pumps on timer and add some additive a couple times. But last weekend I caught two good ones early and with the heat I thought I would use both pumps on timer.
I ended up having the big fish (6.48 BB of tourney that did not get to be weighed for B.B. ) and another die late in the day. Lost a top 5 and BB.
Next morning I was waiting for tourney launch and worried about the livewells. I started filling them and watching the aerators with the livewell lights on and low light outside.
When I use both pumps, it quickly fills over the aerator heads and only replaces water. Does not aerate the water at all.
Nothing is wrong with it. Just 2 800 gal pumps is more than the drain can take.
This is just a warning for those with the multiple pump systems that if the wells are full to the heads, it won’t aerate. Especially if the heads are pointed straight down.

I am working on adding a 12v power bubbles aerator pump with the hoses directly ran into the air hole on the top of the aerator heads. When using a small hose in the head and lightly blowing into it with wells over full, it makes a huge amount of bubbles when pumping. Air pump will be wired to come on at same time as the pumps.