Sluggish Hole Shot 1999 EFI 200 2.4

SN# 06868739
    Running a lazer 2 23p
    idol RMPs 800
    Wot RPM 6000

19’6 Sprint 296 Pro 1999 Mercury EFI 200 2.4L

49 gallon tank and deep live wells

So my problem is that my hole shot when loaded is horrible... It drags and even with my partner on the bow it takes forever. Now when its just me a full tank and live wells empty its decent still have to walk it up a little. Now with that being said once I’m on step she runs fine. WOT @ 6,000 RPMs I’m doing 66 loaded down 68 just me. My prop to pad height is right at 3” and yes I trim all the way down before take off. I Have a 10” Hi Jacker jack plate or 12” not to sure. But its bottomed out. Can’t go any lower. Ive played with props plugs etc. If i go up in pitch it wont even plain out, and down it blows out. Once I get to the power it runs fine.

Recently replaced water pump, plugs, fuel gauge, fuel filter, New throttle cables (Gear & Hotfoot)

I’m thinking its something electrical.. would like to get any recommendations on things to check before I spend a fortune and a long turnaround in the middle of tournament season. ANY help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    merc says that's not a 2.4, they quit those 88 or 89,first of all lowering your plate may be hurting hole shot, laserII not right prop its small hub, you need to find a 23 TEMPEST with PVS leave 2 large plugs in 1 open and try it, considering mtr is running right ,check the basics and raise it to 3 in below pad to start, report back
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    also check in SPRINT BOATS section for advice on props
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................