Thread: Prop Trials

Prop Trials

I’m sure there is more than one. But, does anyone know the name of the online store that will let you try props for the S&H fees? There was one in FL that I talked to before but can’t remember the name. Thanks

Never seen any place like that online. I've heard it talked about in theory but there's way too many props and pitches to have multiples of them all. The best I've seen is buy a prop and if the pitch doesn't work, they will exchange it for a different pitch.

If you find such a place, let us know.

3. #FRB
    That place in Florida is most likely Power Tech. I'm running one of their props and was very happy with the customer service. There is an exchange fee of like $60 or so to exchange which is understandable to keep people from swapping willy nilly. The guy that helped me was right on the money on his suggestion for what my hull needed. And he told me to order from Nettles prop shop to save a bundle. You can order direct from Power Tech but you will pay full retail because they won't undercut their retailers. Also, you can do the exchange thing with them no matter where you buy from as long as the prop is brand new from a retailer iirc.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    UPS just delivered a Bravo 1 XS I purchased from Rothwell Marine 2 days ago. The paperwork inside the box says to make sure to be extra careful on the first run of the prop and to try and keep it from getting scratched up, and that if I'm not happy with the pitch, or decide the prop isn't right for my boat, I can send it back to them. They will send me a different pitch or prop for $50.00. Give them a call. I ordered from them over the phone and the lady I spoke with was very nice and extremely knowledgeable.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Dynaprop near Table Rock lake has a similar service. Call them for details, but they do have a service where when you buy a prop, you can try it and if you don't like it they can exchange it for a different one. I used to live in Branson, and have seen their operation, it's first class. I live 5 hours away now, and still use them for rebuilding props and trying different ones, it only costs about $20 to ship one back and forth from where I live. I highly recommend them though, they do great work and have a large enough business to have the knowledge of what props are likely to give you the results you're after for a particular set up.

http://dyna-prop.com/

6. Member
    Rothwell has an exchange service

7. Member
    Mark Croxton helped me out by allowing me to try various props that he makes and sells in his Razor series!