Thread: razor prop

razor prop

Who's running one? I tried one last year and I think i might have jumped the gun on sending it back to Mark. He was great all around. First 4 blade I've tried and it was too stiff. Fastest I've ever run was a 29 TXP, but I lost a blade last year. Running a 29 T1 now. 21xd, '05 300 HPDI, 1/2" below. Both the T1 and the TXP have good hole shots, good all around . The TXP was a couple ticks faster. 87 at 5950 rpms.

Given up on finding another TXP. would the 3 or 4 blade razor work better for this setup? I tried the 4 blade last year, but it bogged badly coming out of the hole and I couldn't turn it up quite enough. I probably should have sent it back and had another set of pvs holes put in.

You do know the pvs holes dont help you turn it up anytime except holeshot right?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    I have a completely different setup so keep that in mind. 20XRD 225 ProXS with 1.62 Sportmaster. With that being said, I run a 4 blade Razor. They are really stiff. I run a 25 pitch and only turn it around 5900 and I can turn a 26 Bravo to the limiter. I had a 26 Razor that I could only turn 5750. To me they seem like they run like a prop 2 pitches bigger, at least the way I have them tuned by Mark. For my setup I have 4 1" holes and 4 pvs holes and it's good out of the hole unless I'm loaded really heavy. At first I had trouble with it slipping real bad on break over but adding tip cup to the prop fixed that and made it run better on top as well. I'm happy with the prop on my setup, it's faster on top end than most other props I've tried and the holeshot is as good as any except a bravo and the warranty can't be beat.

4. Hagen
    What kinda #s are you getting out of that 25p?
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

5. Member
    It depends on the weather but the other day it ran 84 solo loaded to fish and full of fuel. It'll run a couple mph faster in the winter and a couple slower with a second person. The 26 was a little faster on top end but the 25 is a better all around prop on my boat. If I had a 250 I think that 26 would be a great prop.