Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner View Post
    Why do you have 2 wp771 in your bottom picture ? That seems really odd
    Good point. That's odd.... nav data messed up? Corrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwell215 View Post
    Good point. That's odd.... nav data messed up? Corrupt?
    You can have two waypoint names that are the same, the waypoint location would be different and created on two different units.

Without trying, you can create waypoints on two different units and then combine the waypoint libraries into one or share them to have both names displayed at the same time. The location is the criteria, not the name.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Good eye, Suv.
    The waypoints with the same name was another unsolved mystery but not really a big deal as the names weren't important to me.
    My heading sensors are all aligned and locked down.
    The thing just doesn't point the right direction after a full day of use or because it's pointing ~180 degrees opposite in the PM vs AM.
    I prefer heading up but wanted to add that I also tried course up with the same results.
    I don't really know why & I didn't take the time to reboot and try to figure it out, but it was something I noticed for several days in a row and was only able to grab the screenshots since we were busy fishing and driving the boat.
    If you ever get the chance to visit Lake Powell in Utah during the spring, I highly recommend it!
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

I too have been having this issue on my Helix 12 DI (Gen1) bow mounted unit. I'm running an Ultrex 112 w/I-pilot link and 360 unit off the bow, as well as the GPS antenna with heading sensor. I started having the same issue, whereby I can choose heads-up or COG and there is no change in the orientation of the boat icon or heading. It is frustrating when you are trying to navigate to a specific waypoint using the trolling motor manually, vs using the I-pilot link feature, and the screen image is not accurate. I've had a Certified Service Center look into this issue on my unit and they too could not solve the issue. I'm now sending my unit into Humminbird for the factory to diagnose whether it is a hardware or software issue.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralbertina View Post
    I too have been having this issue on my Helix 12 DI (Gen1) bow mounted unit. I'm running an Ultrex 112 w/I-pilot link and 360 unit off the bow, as well as the GPS antenna with heading sensor. I started having the same issue, whereby I can choose heads-up or COG and there is no change in the orientation of the boat icon or heading. It is frustrating when you are trying to navigate to a specific waypoint using the trolling motor manually, vs using the I-pilot link feature, and the screen image is not accurate. I've had a Certified Service Center look into this issue on my unit and they too could not solve the issue. I'm now sending my unit into Humminbird for the factory to diagnose whether it is a hardware or software issue.
    good to know, please post back with the final outcome
    2016 Tracker pro team 175txw 75hp 4 stroke
    helix 12 si console helix 10 di and helix 10 si bow and ulterra 80 i-pilot link and transom 360 and Garmin 126sv and Livescope

This is an update to my 6/12 post. I heard back from the Humminbird technician and they found that the circuit board was bad. the Technician's diagnosis/note simply read "repair circuit board" and "re-tested-no problem found". I should receive the unit back from them in the next couple of days...I plan to reinstall and use the unit this weekend. I'm hopeful this addresses my issue with heading up and COG orientation.

7. Member
    I didn’t change anything and now mine has magically stop having issues. Works like before.

8. Member
    That is double magic. Not likely. Glad you got it running. Bob

9. Member
    Guys mine does the same north up deal only after the update and boats always pointing in a goofy direction ..it has to be in the update

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaCat View Post
    Guys mine does the same north up deal only after the update and boats always pointing in a goofy direction ..it has to be in the update
    Did you change the Chart Orientation back to Head-Up after the update?

The software or you do a Restore Defaults before the update is installed and default is North Up.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Yep I changed to to course up, Head up and North up and North up is just all it does...its goofy. Its a new Helix 10 si mega g2n. After over an Hour on phone with the lovely Miss Beverly in Customer Service, Who did a fantastic Job, They sent me back the previous software version which I will install in the Morning. Will update all with the results. I restored defaults b4 update and after and then again after.

12. Member
    Yep I changed to to course up, Head up and North up and North up is just all it does...its goofy. Its a new Helix 10 si mega g2n. After over an Hour on phone with the lovely Miss Beverly in Customer Service, Who did a fantastic Job, They sent me back the previous software version which I will install in the Morning. Will update all with the results.
    sorry you are having the trouble, but I must say I am glad its not just me :-)

it sure seems like a software bug to me, mine isa gen 1 helix though.....i adjusted all the settings as well and just stuck on north up except when i choose heading up.....i am on the next to last software version....
    helix 12 si console helix 10 di and helix 10 si bow and ulterra 80 i-pilot link and transom 360 and Garmin 126sv and Livescope

13. Member
    Well I went back to the previous software and every thing was perfect for about the first 3 hours of fishing and then mysteriously it was back to the north up problem with settings at heading up. I think this unit is going to Humminbird for a little TLC.

14. Member
    Well I went back to the previous software and every thing was perfect for about the first 3 hours of fishing and then mysteriously it was back to the north up problem with settings at heading up. I think this unit is going to Humminbird for a little TLC.
    so your saying even if you select heading up it stays in north up ??

15. Member
    A couple of days ago I helped my friend set up a network in a boat: 2 Helix and I pilot. And then 2 hours we tried to set up the AS GPS HS. We did not succeed. Firmware 1.640 Chart orientation head-up.
    By combining the course line and the heading line, moving in one direction, with a rotation of 180 degrees the heading line did not coincide with the course line
    Then we pulled the boat ashore and (with a pocket compass) steer it bow to the north. We calibrated the heading line with the Chart. After we made a 180 degree turn (to the south). The heading line turned 180 degrees, and the Chart turned not to the 180 degree. At least it was that impression.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2 Solix 12MSI + Terrova 80 I-Link+Bluetooth

16. Member
    Seems to have something to do with iPilot I believe. The first video was taken after a power reset because the unit froze up. Heading up was working normal until I ran across the lake a ways, deployed the Ulterra and then it was screwed up.

Working after a power reset.

Not working after deploying Ulterra.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

17. Member
    i guess you could test by unplugging ulterra from the hub and see what happens, and just deploy from the remote....

18. Member
    That’s exactly what mine does. It’s a mystery to me. One thing I know for sure is that it works great for sometimes an hour and some times a few hours this it’s goofy like in the above not working video. Humminbird says to send in I just have not had the time so I just keep restarting it. If anyone has an idea let me know. It’s not magnetic or electrical interference Ana I’ve double and triple checked that.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner View Post
    good to know, please post back with the final outcome
    did you ever solve this issue ?

20. Member
    Add another with this issue. My Solix 12 gen 2 has the same problem with unit set at head up orientation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast