I finally did it....

I'm finally a proud owner of a new Z19. I'll try to figure out how to post a picture. Question though, now that I have this beautiful, fish-catching monster, what do you guys use to keep it safe if you're parked at a hotel/cabin/house somewhere? At home she stays in the garage, but is there a some sort of security system you can install? I'd hate to have it broken into in a parking lot, or worse yet, stolen out of slip in the middle of the night. Any recommendations are appreciated!

2. Member
    I remove my gear from the boat and bring it into the hotel room. It's a PITA but it allows me to sleep well.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

3. Member
    What Comrad said.

4. Member
    I challenge anyone to get past my Loc-R-Bar with an alarm lock. In daylight or cover of darkness. There is no way in hell you could get past it without making a ton of noise and a huge mess. Plus you would need a bunch of tools and probably injure yourself. As far as stolen from a slip - take the keys with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    I'm finally a proud owner of a new Z19. I'll try to figure out how to post a picture.

from a home PC I like to use this method...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=171613

6. Member
    Congratulations on the new ride. It's a great feeling when you get a new bass boat. Thieves suck! It's a shame we have to do the things we do in order to protect our equipment.

7. Member
    Never leave anything important in the boat whether it’s home or at a hotel. I live in a great area and crime is pretty low but I’d rather have it inside where I know no one will mess with it
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Boat cover helps. I always take rods out.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Congrats on the new boat! What I have always done is just remove everything and put it in the hotel room or locked in the truck. I've got it down to where I can strip everything in about thirty minutes. Of course thats another thirty minutes at zero dark thirty to put everything back but at least I can sleep at night.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Yeah the bins in the rear make it easy for me to strip the gear but I am considering getting a wagon or appliance dolly to move both at once, but it is a pain to take 25 rods out, I have left stuff, just locked in (not real safe) but a baby monitor and or a motion alarm/ light will wake you up and scare off anyone smart enough,
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Dura safe locks on electronics, lock your boxes, install two way boat alarm, ratchet the cover down tight and sleep like a rock.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 FS

12. Member
    Thanks all for the advice. I finally figured out how to post a photo (I think).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking rig!

Unique color combo, I like it.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Unique color combo, I like it.

Thanks. I did too. It was a custom color ordered by Ralph Stokely at Stokely's Marine in Nicholasville, KY; therefore I can't take credit for choosing it. I ordered the port console and center seat (wife and young daughter like to go with me occasionally).

16. Member
    Congrats! What lake is that? I’m from the area and it doesn’t ring a bell with me.

17. Member
    Thanks! East Fork - just east of Cincinnati.

18. Member
    That's a good looking boat!!! Congrats!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    I ordered the port console and center seat (wife and young daughter like to go with me occasionally).
    Did the same for my Z9. We have 3 boys - 6, 4, and 1. Need all the seats and room I can get!
    "If you only have men that will come when there is a good road, do not send them. I want men who will come when there is no road at all."