Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I was going to undo it and grease it with this tonight to see if that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    the orifices should do it. Don't go too crazy with the lube.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    the orifices should do it. Don't go too crazy with the lube.
    you think I should change to the 30 orifices ?

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I thought you said the mechanic was swapping them out.

5. Member
    I had the boat to them once already this problem wasn’t going on at that time I called and talked with them They said that’s what they would do if I took it to them. They swap them out on all the motors like this one he said and it sounds like that is my issue to him. There isn’t another marina near me that can get it in until late July to look at it. And that marina that looked at it is over an hr away. I live 5 mins away from a lake with like 5 marinas and there all booked solid for months

6. Member
    I would not change the orifices until you got the timing to return to the stop, and running it. I was wondering why change the orifices now when the motor was running OK once.

7. Member
    Getting ready to take it to the water now. Adjusted everything again the lever is returning way better and we noticed that the rod that the throttle cable hooks to was externally tight to move. After all the adjustments and moving it by hand a bunch it is so much better now also. We pulled the orifacies out and they look to be 30’s already. So we will see I’ll let u know how it goes. Thanks again guys

8. Banned
    when i redone my bowls i went out to about 7an a half turns on screws 98 f/s 175

9. Banned
    I had to go to 71/2 turns once i redid my bowls on 98 f/s 175

10. Member
    got to the lake and started right up ran like it had been running. Idle at 800 then sneeze and die. Had carb mixtures turned to about 5 out. Going up one turn didn’t do anything ended up at 7 turns and it went from terrible to smooth as silk holding right at 800 at idle. Dropped in gear and it ran great holding at 700. I really appreciate all of you guys for the help and input on all of this you guys deff know your stuff.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

Run a couple of cans of Evinrude Engine Tuner through the motor - 2 separate treatments of 1 can each - which may free up likely sticky rings and it may significantly improve your idle.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    Run a couple of cans of Evinrude Engine Tuner through the motor - 2 separate treatments of 1 can each - which may free up likely sticky rings and it may significantly improve your idle.
    Ran one can right after We changed out the carb bowls. Thought about doing another can but wasn’t sure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123