Thread: Xst

Question Xst

This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between the xst and the bassport pro for the xst to be less expensive? Online they look like they have a lot of the same features( at least to me but I don't know a ton about the Allison's)
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    From what I remember: (and this is when they first came out with the XST model a few years ago) Pin stripes on the hull and not color stripe down the side or wings, no headlights, no eped, no compartment lights, single console, no hydraulic JP (not sure on that one), single axle trailer......

Thats about all my little mind can remember
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    That's not too bad. Sounds like most of those things could be upgraded.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

4. Member
    NOTHING, if you rig it out the way I did. lol I bought the XST because I wanted the single console and no headlights. Had Allison add extra pumps, live well mods, HD Jackplate, buckets, network, hds 9's, pins, dual axle trailer, fish seats, smart craft, merc monitor etc. didn't add box lights. lol. After all that, I may as well ordered the bassport pro. Other than few bells and whistles, it same boat................ and Its an awesome fishing machine. Woody

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Headlights sure would have been nice the night Preacherman ran off and left us in the dark!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    The headlights are cool if you live on a really big lake. Only time I have ever used mine is on Hartwell when we vacation there in the fall. Coming in to the cove late at nite and into the dock is freakn cool with the headlights. Otherwise I don't think I'd ever have a use for them on my local 985 acre lake. Can't wait til I move to Hartewell and retire and live on the lake to use my lights!!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    I bought the XST thinking I'd save a little cash-NEGATIVE. After adding spare tire,new gauges,Samrtcraft,fishing seats,flo-rite,pumpout,HDS 9&12,Stealth charger,and a few other things I like Woody could have ordered a Pro.Didn't really realize how stripped down they were.
    2016 Allison XB21 XST
    2021 Mercury 250R

So with the single console wouldn't it be more aero dynamic and faster up top?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So with the single console wouldn't it be more aero dynamic and faster up top?
    That would be a negative. The airflow over the passenger console appears to more aero dynamic than the single console. Tim Powell and myself have many hours with same setup, same propellers, and both driving each others boats (XB21/300XS). Before Tim added DBR, our boats was with 1-2 mph difference with same setup and prop. May have been other factors, however, my boat (XST) would tend to get light on the left side around 95 mph whereas his would stay locked in. I'm sure this could be cured with proper ballast but it was most likely caused by down pressure or lack there of. I normally fish solo and love my single console but when my partner fishes with me, he with I had the passenger console during a cold morning making a long run above 80mph. lol See Ya, Woody