Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    At what RPM does the motor really start charging the battery? Also at an idle what would you see for an increase on a volt meter from not running to just starting the motor up?
    Voltage increase will depend on how large and how depleted the battery is and the size of the alternator. Generally it will be above 13V, but get up to about 2000RPM for real charge.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Member
    Went out in my boat today to fish for a couple of hours. The voltmeter was reading low, 11&1/2 volts after starting and then barely 12 when at cruise. I was concerned, but my graphs stayed on when I cranked it and it always started, I probably started it 20-30 times. When I got back I ran the motor down to drain it, then up to put on the transom saver. I got my digital voltmeter out of the truck and checked the start battery voltage, it was 12.75 VDC. Obviously, my dashboard voltmeter is on the fritz.

3. Member
    U can use a deep cycle on the cranking side too will last longer too

4. Member
    That is a good idea on taking one of the lithium portable starters. Can someone recommend a good portable lithium starter? I've looked on Amazon and there is a brand that is called MyWeego are they good starters?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    That is a good idea on taking one of the lithium portable starters. Can someone recommend a good portable lithium starter? I've looked on Amazon and there is a brand that is called MyWeego are they good starters?
    I personally use a NOCO Genius with extra long cables that I ordered seperately. Here is a link to the reviews of several others:

https://drivinglife.net/best-lithium-ion-jump-starter/

6. Member
    If this is a 4 stroke you have a bad alternator. you should see 13.5-14 volts at the battery when running. I just went through the same deal.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    https://smile.amazon.com/NOCO-GB20-UltraSafe-Lithium-Starter/dp/B015TKUPIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529116348&sr=8-1&keywords=noco%2Bgenius%2Bgb20&th=1

This is what you want.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

8. Member
    Has anyone tried the new lithium batteries?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12