Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Daiwa Fuego LT or BG

2. Member
    I have 2 helios spinning reels
    one is on a ML helios rod 7'4'' and the other is on a C40 7' MH----- the c40 rod has caught striped bass 36'' both are nice reels
    I also have a pflueger supreme 35 on a fenwick smallmouth elite tech rod 7'4'' very nice set up for the money

3. Member
    I have the mag Pflueger, a BG 2500 and a 3000 Fuego LT. The Pflueger isn't as good as either Daiwa with the Fuego getting a slight nod over the BG at this size. In the 4000 up sizes for heavy fw/light SW, the BG is a stud. Fuego drag is butter smooth, it's light and just feels "right".

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johna1 View Post
    I hear the daiwas run big, is that true?
    Daiwa revamped their spinning reel sizes with the LT series, so they are all comparable to Shimano sizes. 2500 or 3000 will serve you nicely.

The BG is a bit heavy for freshwater imo, but you should take a hard look at the Fuego or Tatula LT. And btw...I will never understand the Flooger love on freshwater bass forums.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Daiwa revamped their spinning reel sizes with the LT series, so they are all comparable to Shimano sizes. 2500 or 3000 will serve you nicely.

The BG is a bit heavy for freshwater imo, but you should take a hard look at the Fuego or Tatula LT. And btw...I will never understand the Flooger love on freshwater bass forums.
    No....you won't

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12