2000 Mercury 115 ELPTO fuel problem

I have a 2000 Mercury 115 ELPTO, serial number 0T018225. The problem i am having is the motor will not idle or go into gear without dying unless you continuously squeeze the bulb. When i prime the bulb to initially start the motor the bulb will not get hard. I took the hood off and noticed when i squeezed the bulb fuel leaks out of a little hole on the bottom left side of the part in pic attached below. Is this normal and if not how do i fix this? The motor will idle as well as go into gear if you continuously squeeze the bulb. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Not sure if you have original fuel lines or not, but I have a 2000 125 Elpto and I had to replace the fuel lines, bulb, fuel filter and rebuild the fuel pump last year. The high quality (pun intended) fuel we get these days destroyed the liner in the fuel lines and the pieces got into the bulb, filter, and fuel pump. Pic of the fuel line I cut apart is attached.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    pump needs replaced,would recommend inspecting complete fuel system,start from filter back to tank [pulse pump] likely problem
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    I had replaced the lines and bulb, but not the pump. Will replace the pump and see if that fixes it. Thankyou

5. Member
    remember pulse pump is diff than the one pictured, kits are available
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    From the FAQ at the top of the 2.0/2.4/2.5L forum (also at top of 3L forum) - FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax