Delaminating floor between consoles. 1998 Skeeter zx 195c

There is a piece of carpet popping up between my consoles and it feels like a piece of the floor either separated from the main floor or a piece delaminated. Anyone run into this on theirs??? I will post pics when I get a chance. Was just hoping somebody else had this happen. I searched the forum and did not see anything. Thanks!!!!

What you are probably feeling is the seam where the upper 1/2 is mated to the lower 1/2 at the bottom of the seats on the floor. At the factory, it looks like they just laid glass and resin in a strip across the width and that seam separates over time. I just did my carpet and left it alone- the floor isn’t effected and there isn’t any instability in my seat area so I didn’t bother. I considered putting resin between them but resin alone won’t hold and I wasn’t willing to grind, drill, screw, cut and glass it to eliminate the imperfection. But that’s probably what you are referring to...

I had the same thing happening in a '99 ZX185C and had a repair shop look at it. His guess was about what Kzaker says above and said it wasn't anything structural. I had him redo the front part as it was the worst area for about $350. I'll be redoing the carpet in the boat this fall and may do a little more in the rear section, but it's really more cosmetic than anything. With the new carpet I probably won't even notice it...
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    My 185c was debonding in that area, turned out to be the top cap needed to be rebounded in this area. Found some seabond and stuffed it under the seam and used some flat head screws to reattach the area. Once the seabond hardened I removed the screws and smother the area with a sander and applied a few layers of glass and resin to float it all together.

5. Member
    I have the same boat and would like to know how replacing the carpet went for you all. mine needs to be replaced . have not seen the defect others have seen but it may be hidden by the carpet ? pics would be great .

6. Member
    Sorry I have not been on I have been working a lot lately. It's definitely a piece of the floor coming up. I am working out a resolution to the problem now. I will post once I have the fix determined and completed for anyone with the same issue.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080tommy View Post
    Sorry I have not been on I have been working a lot lately. It's definitely a piece of the floor coming up. I am working out a resolution to the problem now. I will post once I have the fix determined and completed for anyone with the same issue.

Thanks for getting back to us and let us know how it goes. would like to see the area in question . good luck !

8. Member
    Haven’t had much time to post. I’ll get some pics up tomorrow! Sorry just been really busy.

9. Member
    Sorry it took so long. I have been working on some wiring issues that I found and replacing the brakes and wheel bearings. Here are the pics. This is the area right in between the consoles. The port console is coming up pretty good but you can't notice it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix this????? My hand is where the floor feels like it is separated from the main part of the boat. It is not a soft spot. Still hard when I walk on it but it feels like a part of the floor is not attached to the main part. I hope that makes sense.

Attached Images Attached Images