Heading to Lake Jocassie soon

Just looking for some info on what to do for bass fishing in that lake. I've been mostly in the colder months and we have always had luck trolling for trout in front of the dam. One trip we did well on A-rig put a few close to 7 in the boat. I have not been there when the lake is at full pool, nor have I been there where the water temps were anywhere near as warm as they are now. I heard they are mid 70's. Have been told to go toss a big swim bait, but I dont feel like casting that all day with very limited success. PM me if you need, just looking for some tips. advice. - Thanks
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

90+ Views, no replies. Heading there with a ton of stuff to dump in the water, anything from big huds, to shakey heads. Ill report back afterwards.

3. JCWbassmaster
    Jocassee info is as sacred as the Indian burial grounds it flooded. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JCWbassmaster View Post
    Jocassee info is as sacred as the Indian burial grounds it flooded. Good luck
    Haha! I bet! We didn't do that good. Only caught a few fish, one nice small mouth and one big spot. Spot was on some rocks down near the dam in 15' of water and murdered a whopper plopper. The small mouth came on a june bug shakey head in about 20' of water at the end of laydown mid lake. The water is super hot 81 deg. Not as clear as it normally is. There was a tournament there Saturday morning, about 30 boats, talked with quite a few and most people did not have a limit. My girlfriend said she saw one of the guys load his fish up, and said he had a good bag. So someone knew what they were doing out there. Did not get a trout bite either, trolled a good bit, seen the local guide service out there with down riggers pull up a few but did not see him catching many.

5. JCWbassmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Haha! I bet! We didn't do that good. Only caught a few fish, one nice small mouth and one big spot. Spot was on some rocks down near the dam in 15' of water and murdered a whopper plopper. The small mouth came on a june bug shakey head in about 20' of water at the end of laydown mid lake. The water is super hot 81 deg. Not as clear as it normally is. There was a tournament there Saturday morning, about 30 boats, talked with quite a few and most people did not have a limit. My girlfriend said she saw one of the guys load his fish up, and said he had a good bag. So someone knew what they were doing out there. Did not get a trout bite either, trolled a good bit, seen the local guide service out there with down riggers pull up a few but did not see him catching many.
    Did better than most Jocassee can be a tough one. I know a guy who dives there and he hardly ever see's bass and when he does its a group of 2 or 3 roaming.