Lake Kissimmee has my number. Any help/suggestions would be great

Good afternoon guys, I'd like to start out by saying that I don't fish tournaments anymore so I am not trying to ask you all for info and then go compete against you on the weekend. I am just a weekend fisherman that likes to have some fun and get away after working all week. Long story short, I never do well on Kissimmee but I know there are giants there, and lots of them. I made the trek from Lake Mary to the Overstreet ramp on Kissimmee this past Sunday to give it a try. I threw senkos, blades, swimbaits, traps, and punched the very few mats that I saw. I was with my brother and we only managed one fish each. We fished the north cove, both sides of the pig trail, Philadelphia point, seven palms, and the east side of brahama island. We tried pads and grass lines on the inside and outside edges. I looked for hydrilla but only found it in 1.5 ft of water in the north cove. If anyone has any info or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I just don't know what I did wrong and its has been killing me for the past two days. Thanks.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S
    12" Atlas Hydraulic
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    Solix 15, Solix 12, Solix 10
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 Ipilot Link

2. Member
    There was a least one big tourney out of there Saturday, 83 boats...35 lbs won it with 6th place having 29lbs. I'm sure that didn't help you out the next day.

Get a 1 oz jig, black and blue with a craw type trailer......Flip the outside kissimmee grass and dont stop. You will get bites and they are usually the right ones.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

4. Member
    Yes I heard about that tournament on saturday. Pretty damn impressive weights. Thanks for the input so far guys.
    12" Atlas Hydraulic

5. Member
    Flipping a black/blue tail senko on anywhere from a 3/16-1/2 oz weight is a go to for me. If they arent biting that for me, they arent biting..lol

6. Member
    The chain pushes north with TOHO turning on later in the spring. I have not been there in months but would not be suprised if several of those bags came offshore in Toho. If Kissimmee is where you want to fish don’t be afraid to run south. Find wood mixed in and it is always good. If you run into hatch crank or rattle trap the point directly out. Also to the right the bank drops off steep from the reeds. Unless you have intel there is just so much water to fish in one day or you get lucky. You can pitch the outside grass line for 8 hours with nothing then catch 30 pounds in 5 minutes. 29 palms is my favorite area.

7. Member
    Thank you all, I appreciate it. I was shocked when I couldnt find any offshore hydrilla. Last time I was on Toho it was loaded with it. I may have to give it another go in the next few weeks.
    12" Atlas Hydraulic

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fish Mike View Post
    Thank you all, I appreciate it. I was shocked when I couldnt find any offshore hydrilla. Last time I was on Toho it was loaded with it. I may have to give it another go in the next few weeks.
    Toho is loaded with Hydrilla in the south end

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Toho is loaded with Hydrilla in the south end
    Yes I know. I was comparing Toho to Kissimmee meaning I couldnt find any hydrilla on Kissimmee. Its crazy how two lakes on the same chain are so different.
    12" Atlas Hydraulic

10. Member
    The only reason they are different is because they have nuked the hell out of Kissimmee

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    The only reason they are different is because they have nuked the hell out of Kissimmee
    This for sure

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    It's a crying shame.

13. Banned
    Fished a small club tx saturday, had 20+# all fish were caught within a half mile of Joe Overstreet ramp.weigh in was 2:00 pm. had two 6.5 # Booyah Pad crashers .