VesselView Mobile access account from any computer?

I have a VesselView Mobile module installed on my new 250 Verado Pro. I was able to pair my phone (iOS) with the module while on the boat. When the motor was running at speed, the Bluetooth connection dropped several times. The folks at Mercury suggested that since I have SmartCraft gauges, I remove the module from the motor and plug it in at the gauges (shorter distance, possible less RF noise). I captured some data but am not at home (some distance from my boat) and trying to review the data. It appears the App only works while in proximity of the boat. I had created a VesselViewMobile.com so that I could see the data online later but am having issues finding the place to login. I have gone to the location the Mercury FAQ notes (www.vesselviewmobile.com) but can't seem to find a place to login? Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks
    Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I’m not sure the site is active yet. If you type the website in a browser it redirects you back to Mercury Marine gauges. I have a support question in to see what the issue is.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    For questions related to website functionality, contact Mercury Marine Customer Service:

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/contact

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Email response from Mercury:

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
    The Vessel View Mobile website is not currently active. The website is under contruction but an active date has not been established.

5. Member
    Thanks Skywatcher. I'm a bit surprised that the app doesn't save some engine data locally. It would be nice to be able to capture the metrics while on the boat and then review the data when off the water. The current requirement, to be within bluetooth range to get any data, and not yet having the "cloud" (website) up and running makes me wonder the value/purpose of the module. Would appreciate hearing from others how they use the app. With its current limitations of needing to be close to the motor, I don't see it provide any additional information than my Smartcraft gauges. Thanks again.

6. Member
    I use mine instead of gauges, keep waiting for website as well.
    Its been out for some time referring to website capabilities but has not been created.
    may be due to lack of sales. Testing sales response before using resources for creating website.
    Still like mine, just looked forward to website use.

Can u get engine hours from the app?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    Yes it gives you engine hours. It also has a Maintenance Log section where it shows you by hour what maintenance is due and how many actual hours remain before you need to perform that service. Very useful info.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

9. Member
    In my opinion Mercury should have waited to release the the VVM until they worked out the bugs. They advertise reading engine faults through the app but what they dont tell you is a cellular connection is needed to tell you the code. There are also some other bugs that need worked out but if they can get it right I think it will be a valuable tool.

10. Member
    Joe B- if you install VesselView after having your boat & motor for 1 year, will it tell you the engine hours previously logged or just from when you first install VesselView?

11. Member
    It will read total hours on the motor regardless of when you installed it. Total engine hours are read direct from the ECM

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

And any Smartcraft Device reads those total hours from the PCM (you could install another one next year and it would read total hours from day one of use to present day).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor