Smile Switching from Manual to Hyd Jacklplate Question on V20

I am debating whether I can justify the cost ($2000) of switching. I realize the benefits of prop changes, rough water adjustability and holeshot in shallow water. I only get to Florida 2x a year where the shallow water issue arises. Don't fish tournaments either so if too rough I find something else to do. I am curious if anyone that switched from manual to hyd on the V20 experienced any other benefits in handling, overall holeshot or something I have not considered. Otherwise, I can spend the money on rods and reels (or maybe re-powering with the new 8 cylinder).

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    It will definitely give you better holeshot. It is worth it to me for that alone

Definitely get a hyd JP.
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

4. Member
    So have you guys noticed that lowering the hyd plate while running in boat waves/rough water helps to eliminate bow bounce similar to what a foil does to allow staying on plane at slower speed?

5. Member
    It will help immensely with porpoising. It will allow you to run lower speeds on plane as well, by lowering the motor.. A hydraulic plate allows you to adjust, on the fly, how the boat handles all types of water conditions. You can have the plate high when getting on plane, which reduces drag, and allows the motor to get to higher RPM's quicker. As the boat is coming on plane, you are simultaneously lowering the motor to a running height. When the water gets rough you can bury the motor to maintain bite. In shallower,no wake or no plane areas, you can leave the motor in a more neutral trim position, keeping the bow down with greater visibility. Of course you can raise and lower to the best most efficient height for optimal top end speed (this is actually my least important factor). Every single time in get on and off plane, and run, I am always raising and lowering the plate to optimize handling. Once you have a hydraulic plate, you would never own another bass boat without one. IMHO.

6. Member
    Thanks

7. Member
    What Chris said X2. I will never own a bass boat without one.