Mercury pro 200 xs

How many has had to replace the oil pump on the motor? From what I've read it seems to be a big problem and just wonder if mercury is going to fix the problem with the seals thats on the pum? And of course mercury doe's not sell the seals so you have to but a whole new pump. And also at $600 you'd think the oil pump would last as long as a car oil pump. I don't have 80 hours on my motor yet and mine is leaking already. Seems as though mercury would fix the problem and stop blowing it off. How sad.

Had to have mine replaced a little over a year ago. Fortunately, it was under warranty. Motor had approx 400 hours on it at the time. 2013 250 Pro XS.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

3. Member
    welcome to the good ole usa, ford does the same thing on their cars..........its legal,may not be ethical but it is leagal

4. Member
    I have owned 4 Merc engines, 200, 200, 225, 225 and have not had a problem.

5. Banned
    Tighten up all the bolts before replacing it, mine were all loose and it was leaking because of that.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I had to replace the pump on mine around 30 hrs......under warranty but you would think it would function correctly....keeping an eye on this one...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. ZO6
    Take the pump off and take it to a hydraulics repair house. You may be surprised how easily it may be repaired. And inexpensively. Not a "for sure" but a good chance they have access to the same seals on something else. Not rocket science. Good luck!

8. Member
    Mechanic found mine leaking with 300 hrs on the motor. Dealer replaced it under warranty.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200