Banned

7 pin connector gremlins

I've had an intermittent issue with the trailer lights coming on and off at random and brake solenoid not always engaging. Problem would go away if I sprayed contact cleaner on the connections. I replaced both the 7 to 5 pin adapter at the trailer as well as the 7 pin connector on the truck. Happened again first time out this past weekend. A jiggle at the 7 pin connector and it was fine. I'm assuming it's a ground. The new 7 pin is aftermarket and I drilled into the bumper to install it. New bracket is painted and mounted with SS screws. Bumper is chrome and the new connector plugged right into the trucks wiring harness. wondering if I should sand the paint down on the new bracket, or should I look elsewhere?

Also, this post may just be a waste of time as I may be buying a new truck tomorrow. If I don't, I need to get this issue fixed, hopefully by the weekend. Trailer is a Shorelandr and the truck is a Tundra if it matters

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Look to where the ground wire connects to the truck frame.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Buy a new truck. Pay cash. Anyhow, Cat fan's advice is pretty good. Every interface of wiring connections can fail.

I randomly need to pry my contacts in on the male end of my trailer plug, they wear a little/ loosen up, I also use dialectic grease in my connections
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Banned
    Bought the new truck Thanks for the effort anyway