Decided it was time for a new pattern.

Been building a few of the baits I posted a couple weeks back and decided yesterday I was ready for a new pattern to build. Sat down at my PC for a few hours and tried to get everything right. Made a few test cuts on the vinyl cutter to give me an idea of size and carved one test body with no hardware to see what I had. Finally cut two good ones and got to carving. Came out with these. I like them. Think they will work good. I'll post some pictures once I get them painted up. Gotta start planning a rod build for all these soon.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Looks good!

Nice !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Got em sealed up and took em to the test pool to see what kind of action they had before painting. Worked pretty good. Dives down about 5 and a half or 6 feet. One worked better than the other and once I got comparing the one that worked best had the weight slightly more forward. So I need to adjust my template to make that consistent in the next builds. Other then that I’m pleased. Still going to paint both. The one that was off will still get bit just has a more subtle action.

Looks like a good start!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive