Table Rock report

Once upon a time
    We go to Table Rock twice a year to play. Most places around here, I find myself "prefishing/practicing", even if I'm trying to play. SO, we go to Table Rock and it's ALL PLAY.
    Started out with a Largemouth here and there. Then got into a mess of 2 to 3lb Kentucky's on a main lake saddle. Maybe 30 fish total at that point.
    Bounced around some more and more Spots here and there.
    I started to think it a little strange that I'd only caught one Smallmouth....
    Sharon finally said "I've not caught a single brown fish all day!"
    So, I ran across the lake and said "There, have at it" (much to my surprise, she catches a Brownie 1st cast).
    Then, it was ON. Probably caught 40 Smallmouth down a 100yd stretch of bank.
    Switched coves and same thing again.

Spots were on main lake stuff 15 to 20ft deep. Had to be close to the main channel drops.
    Largemouth were on main lake points for the most parts, or just scattered here and there, depth all over the place.
    Smallmouth were near flooded pole timber, gavel banks, scattered chunk rock, just inside of main lake points, heading into coves, not much bank slope, 15ft and shallower. 2lbs and up usually out deeper.
    Caught most everything on a shaky head. Green pumpkin till it got bright and sunny, Watermelon after that.
    Got there at 8:00, little late for a topwater (had a couple swipes on a spook). Put it down when Sharon started was 4 fish up on me with a shaky head.
    Left at 4:30. Caught well over 100 between the both of us.
    Had a few pushing 3lbs, but, I doubt we actually had one that would have weighed 3lbs.
    Bounced around all day in between 86 bridge and the dam.

Not going to win you any tournaments, but, if you just want a bad case of fish thumb, there ya go.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

2. Member
    Thanks for the report, did you say the color on that Vision 110?lol

3. Member
    Terrific day on a lake that takes some heat. At least on weekends.
    and I am glad to hear that an old Great Lake has this kind of potential.
    i caught a string of 5-6 pounders in the rain with my dad in 1963 that had the old men playing dominoes at Baxter Marina falling over themselves to find out what we caught them on.
    I still love that lake and this email will help make it sooner rather than later.
    thats for a great report and Sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Terrific day on a lake that takes some heat. At least on weekends.
    and I am glad to hear that an old Great Lake has this kind of potential.
    i caught a string of 5-6 pounders in the rain with my dad in 1963 that had the old men playing dominoes at Baxter Marina falling over themselves to find out what we caught them on.
    I still love that lake and this email will help make it sooner rather than later.
    thats for a great report and Sharing it.
    MUCH to my surprise, one of the biggest bass I've had on the end my line was at Table Rock. I still think it was some kind of fluke or something because I'm not sure I've ever put a 4lber in the boat up there.
    Then again, we only go twice a year. And the goal is quantity, not quality.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

5. Member
    My favorite thing about that lake is the numbers.....and being able to catch all three species of fish from the same spot is pretty cool.

6. Member
    I seem to catch mostly SM in Indian Point. When the lake was up last year I had two spots the you could catch 20lbs with 5 fish, those spots are out of water at normal pool. One of them is about 100 yards from the Cricket boat ramp, you could fish it from the bank.

7. Member
    Great day for any lake. Can you do that on Greers Ferry lake?