2018 ZX 250 deck creaks

My ZX 250 is now 3 months old and when I step up by where the padded front deck starts I get a creaking noise. I have tightened the black screws all around the front metal insert under the lids and it helps for a little while then the creak starts coming back. There are a few of the screws that never seem to really tighten down. I can feel the heads when I open up the center compartment lids and it feels like the are just wood screws going through the fiberglass after they pass through the metal deck insert. Does anyone have this problem and a solution short of a trip back to the dealer and possibly Skeeter. A new rig should not do this in my opinion.

2. Member
    Tighten the bolts that are inside the compartments. These bolts run paralell to the ground. They attach the flooring to the dividers inside the lockers. If my boat was at the house I'd send you a pic.

3. Member
    I went through this with my FX drove me nuts I determine the problem is with the carpet wraps around the edge of the lid it gets flattened and when the lids flex you get the creek. I solved all my problems by putting a super thin weatherstrip on all the compartment lid is all creeks are gone

4. Member
    Also check the trim ring where the recess for the trolling motor pedal is. That will creak as well!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I went through this with my FX drove me nuts I determine the problem is with the carpet wraps around the edge of the lid it gets flattened and when the lids flex you get the creek. I solved all my problems by putting a super thin weatherstrip on all the compartment lid is all creeks are gone
    did it keep the problem solved or did the creaking eventually come back