Thread: Trailer help

Trailer help

Looking for a little help. Due to major rust issues on my trailer I had to replace it. Happened on the Memorial Day weekend. Thankfully trailer failed after I got it to camp. Found a venture aluminum trailer that was said to work for my boat(Fisher F17). I have not tried to switch boat over due to health issues and surgery. Question is does anyone know if this setup will work for a bass boat? Fisher F17.
    Thanks for the help.
    David
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Do the bunks, length of trailer, width of trailer, resemble/match the measurements of the original trailer? If so give it a try.

Or check the serial number of the sticker on the trailer and give Venture Trailer a call, see what they think.

Nice looking trailer!
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    It will"work" as is, however if you change the bunks to bass boat style bunks it will work and load a lot better. It looks set up for a deep vee boat.

4. Member
    Well as you can see it didn’t work. Sits a little to tall. Going to switch it to regular bunks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member

Well as you can see it didn’t work. Sits a little to tall. Going to switch it to regular bunks.

6. Member

7. Member
    Is that trailer wide enough for that rig, Will it drop down between the fenders?

Last edited by Ed R; 06-07-2018 at 04:58 AM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

8. Member
    As I suspected it rides very tall, you'll need a pretty deep ramp. Per Ed R you'll have to watch the clearance of the tires versus the hull, that goes without saying as you'll be the first to know if it interferes.
    The way I see it, if you got a really good deal on an aluminum trailer and it is not over weight per design, you have what many of us want, an aluminum trailer.
    Lots of trailers are made with prefab parts that enable them to be custom made for each boat. Different cross braces and bunk mounts might be available if needed,