99 Triton TR20 Slow top speed

99 Triton TR20 200 EFI with two people in boat light tackle, empty livewells, half tank of gas top speed 62mph. Motor is at 3" below pad, 8" manual plate and 25 tempest plus prop turning 6000rpm. water pressure 15psi.

Anyone else have this rig going faster?

2. Member
    I don't know of any prop shops up in Canada. It sounds like your prop is out and has to much slip . The Rpms are a little high if your your tach is right . Your motor height is real close plus or minus a half inch . The closest prop shop that is number one for top end is DAH propeller. Talk to John Jankey . You will be happy . He is pricey . But it's a lot cheaper than new . At 3" below pad and only getting 15 lbs get your water pump changed . It should be a little higher than that . If the prop is new and the water pump fresh then I would lower the motor to get my Rpms down to 5850 .

3. Member
    I just tried a tempest prop on my 98 hydrasport 196 with 200 Johnson and only running 60 MPH. The prop needs to be reworked. Probably add some cup. My boat has run 68-70 MPH in the past with a Trophy plus prop. Contact Kawartha Prop in Buckhorn Ontario. They are a great help. I would assume your prop needs some work to create better lift.

4. Member
    Mine is a 2000 model but same boat and motor. I have my 25P tempest set at 2.25 below with 20 psi but can't turn nowhere near that RPM. I see the mid 60's with less RPM's. I have had my prop worked though, and if I push it through the chine it will climb to the high 60's.

5. Member
    I have a 2000/200efi as well with a 24 tempest plus, it ill do 70+(before i dinged up the prop) but close to 6100 rpm, i think 3.25" below pad. On the negative side the hole shot sucks, especially with water in the livewell and hard to maintain prop bite i the rough stuff but no chine walking

6. Member
    Have the prop worked