Thread: Props

Props

Where’s the best place to buy props online? Looking for a 14.5 x28P Suzuki Prop.

I'm not sure. I ordered a prop from Mark Croxton. He will let you send it back if it isn't right. I won't buy any prop from a place that won't let me return it after testing.

http://www.marksprops.com/
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

I don't know if he sells the Suzuki props.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

4. Member
    I used Hustler Motor Sports. They were the cheapest I could find. I just ordered a 14.5 x 27 pitch 3 blade. It is a Suzuki prop.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

5. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I was able to find the best prices online through Browns Point Marine Services.

6. Member
    Order and received new prop. I just got done tightening the nut and looked down to see the diameter is listed as 14-3/8” and not 14.5”. I am pretty sure that the prop i ordered should have been 14.5. Pissed off at the moment over this deal and beginning to question my purchase of a suzuki motor. Too much BS that doesn’t exist with Evinrude, Yamaha and Mercury.

7. Banned
    Diameters go up and down slightly with the pitch numbers. See how the prop performs and let us know.

Suzuki motors are different animals with their planetary gears in the driveshaft. Not every shop is used to setting them up.

8. Member
    Who did you order it through? Here are a few places that sell them specifically for the 250SS.
    http://www.internationalmarineservic...ory-s/2148.htm

http://hustlersport.com/products/suz...0-30p-145-x-30

BTW, there's BS with every outboard. Last summer when I was deciding to repower, it was hard as heck to get a prop or even a Yamaha 250 SHO for awhile. I would've got another Mercury PRO XS, but the dealer was backed logged for repairs and would've waited for over a month to get repowered. My buddy who has an ETEC G2 can't get his wireless hotfoot to work correctly. Mercury, just go read the sections on here with the issues people are having to include crazy maintenance like cleaning the compressor strainer to the thermostats. I understand your frustration, but it could be worse.
    Last edited by booter; 06-24-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Who did you order it through? Here are a few places that sell them specifically for the 250SS.
    http://www.internationalmarineservic...ory-s/2148.htm

http://hustlersport.com/products/suz...0-30p-145-x-30

BTW, there's BS with every outboard. Last summer when I was deciding to repower, it was hard as heck to get a prop or even a Yamaha 250 SHO for awhile. I would've got another Mercury PRO XS, but the dealer was backed logged for repairs and would've waited for over a month to get repowered. My buddy who has an ETEC G2 can't get his wireless hotfoot to work correctly. Mercury, just go read the sections on here with the issues people are having to include crazy maintenance like cleaning the compressor strainer to the thermostats. I understand your frustration, but it could be worse.
    +100. These motors have a great reputation. You will get the right prop and be glad when it is all said and done.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X