Thread: Ranger Restore

Ranger Restore

Hi y’all. I am going to ask this question in two different spots. Here and in the general bass boat section. I have a 92 354V that I have owned since 1999. Unless it has been on the water it has been stored under a cover or in the garage (under cover mostly). With the combination of boat and owner aging it needs some attention. I’m 59 and it will be my last boat unless it breaks in half, it fits my needs perfectly. Boat condition is fair to good. Some oxidization on boat and trailer will need at least wet sand and such, over the years multiple electronics so a few screw holes here and there that will need filling. Would like new carpet, seat covers, and rub rail. I can do all of this but just do not have the time!!
    With this being said I live in East Tn. (Greeneville / Dandridge). I know I could take it to Flipping but that is an 11 hour drive for me one way if I’m lucky, and no way of knowing how long I would be without a boat. Now my question, would you bite the bullet and take to Flippin, or find somewhere local? And if local please tell me someone in or close to East TN that I should call. Thanks for the help!
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

2. Member
    Contact this guy on BBC, crank68.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Smoky Mountain Boat Repair in Vonore, TN will make iook just as good or better tthan when it left Flippin
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

Gimme a buzz and I’ll be glad to help. I’m prolly to far for you but will be glad to answer as many questions as I can. Looks like Chad2002xrd has some experience with a TN shop.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Crank, thanks for the response i do appreciate it. Yes you are a stretch but within a reasonable drive. I think i am going to check on Smoky Mountain Boat Repair in Vonore. they are only a couple hours away and Grandson and I can make a day trip out of it. He'll be 18 in August and will enjoy the trip. And i may have some questions, I appreciate the offer. Hope you have a good week.
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

Yes sir...I also think C and O can handle anything you may need.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com