Remapping ecu upgrade

I know this is probably the wrong board to post but I know some of you guys already have this done. Just wondering if any of you regret getting it done or was it worth it? Which is going to be better, Simon or DBR? I know nothing about either so would like some input. Thanks

2. Banned
    Dennis Hoffman at Hoffman Marine is good. He's one of the most honest people I have met in the boating world. I sent him my 2.5 ECU wondering if there was an issue, he called me back and told me it was fine and my issue was somewhere else. He worked with me to figure out what was causing my problems as well. He could have easily said something was bad and I would have paid him simply because I didn't know. There are some horror stories out there about sending ECU's off and getting them back, putting them on the motor and it won't even start. Do your homework before sending it off. Some of these guys with similar experiences will point you in the right direction.

3. Member
    Yes I’m definitely going to do a little research before I have anything done. My warranty runs out in November so I have a little time left to get as much info as I can before I do it.

4. Banned
    You are down there around a bunch of good Bullet guys, they should be able to point you in a safe direction.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwebre74 View Post
    Yes I’m definitely going to do a little research before I have anything done. My warranty runs out in November so I have a little time left to get as much info as I can before I do it.
    And I thought you'd be getting a new 300R!!, never had a motor flashed or modified, sorry

6. Member
    DBR. No regrets.

7. Banned
    Majority of what I've saw on the xs engines is DBR.

8. Member
    I've been toying with this myself dbr is what I'm finding but I just have a 250 xs on a 21ss I think the 300 has more gains from what I've heard

9. Member
    I got both a stock ecu and dbr. Only advantage I see is the raised limiter with dbr. The power comes from the alien cowling.

You will bolt on 2-3mph just with a alien cowling and mike nass intake. Don’t let anybody tell you you can’t run a alien cowling without reprogramming. I got over 100hr with stock programming.

This goes for all you 250 guys also. I tried my cowling on canandabullet boat and it went 2mph faster first run.

If if you don’t care about raised limiter, keep your stock programming. With the money you saved. put a MAD Efi light weight flywheel, compressor wheel and velocity stack.

I HIGHLY recommend the mad Efi stuff. I noticed big time difference in holeshot and throttle response and gained 1.3mph topend in back to back testing.
    Last edited by hyperflow; 06-04-2018 at 10:01 AM.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurnal View Post
    I've been toying with this myself dbr is what I'm finding but I just have a 250 xs on a 21ss I think the 300 has more gains from what I've heard
    I have the same setup with a sporty and 1.62 gears so if you decide to pull the trigger let me know the results.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    I got both a stock ecu and dbr. Only advantage I see is the raised limiter with dbr. The power comes from the alien cowling.

You will bolt on 2-3mph just with a alien cowling and mike nass intake. Don’t let anybody tell you you can’t run a alien cowling without reprogramming. I got over 100hr with stock programming.

This goes for all you 250 guys also. I tried my cowling on canandabullet boat and it went 2mph faster first run.

If if you don’t care about raised limiter, keep your stock programming. With the money you saved. put a MAD Efi light weight flywheel, compressor wheel and velocity stack.

I HIGHLY recommend the mad Efi stuff. I noticed big time difference in holeshot and throttle response and gained 1.3mph topend in back to back testing.
    I have a Chris Dunn cowl I've not ran yet. I'll check into the mad efi stuff I was already looking at the stack but didn't know it it would fit the plenum of my cowl.

12. Member
    Have the DBR mod ECU, stack, lighten flywheel. We only saw gains in the
    bottom end (hole shot) and mid range maybe just a little on top end.My son has the 1.1 kit and I have the 1,3.
    Have not seen any different in the two on our boats, 21XRD, 300XS. Where you live, you should find someone
    with the up grades and see if they will let you try them. 15 minutes for the change over.

13. Member
    John Powell has the dbr ecu on his 300 xs. He’s in Gonzales.

i talked with John about I think a decent amount. He said he didn’t see many gains but loves the fact that it cleans up the fuel curve.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHII View Post
    John Powell has the dbr ecu on his 300 xs. He’s in Gonzales.

i talked with John about I think a decent amount. He said he didn’t see many gains but loves the fact that it cleans up the fuel curve.
    I did see better holeshot & midrange punch & acceleration gains but never did a lot of topend testing to notice much there. In DBR’s R&D blogs he said there were some major hot spots in the factory fuel curve @ certain rpms which his fuel curve cleans up. This is what made me get the kit as it makes a much more reliable engine.