Anybody see one of these come out of their motor before?

Was in my driveway last night and a little bit of movement caught my eye. Found this fella back there. Was still in there when I went to bed last night, hopefully he's gone when I get home tonight, lol!

1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

2. Member
    strictly a MARINER issue not common at all on MERC HP engines
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you check his serial number?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

That is an aftermarket rodent removal and theft deterrent device. While it will not void the warranty, it may cause your mechanic to charge you extra for shorts cleaning and removal of device.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    wait till you open livewell lid and theres a cotton mouth waiting for ya,[ I don't fish at night no more]
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    That is an aftermarket rodent removal and theft deterrent device. While it will not void the warranty, it may cause your mechanic to charge you extra for shorts cleaning and removal of device.

That will make you think twice about doing your own maintenance.

9. Member
    That’s what happens when you buy your gas additives from a snake oil salesman. Stick to Don’s cocktail, guaranteed not to cause snake infestations.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

Lol, just premium plus and stabil right now for me, worked well for the last 200 hours with a can of seafoam about once a year. That aside though, I was pretty startled when I saw it. Not something you expect to be crawling around on the boat! Funny part was by the time I could pull the boat out of the carport he disappeared for a while and I couldn't find him (too chicken to pull the cowl off because I wasn't sure what he was!). About 20 minutes later he popped his head out of the starboard vent and before I could get a closer picture he went back in. He popped back out the port side a little later for just a minute. I pushed the boat back in for the night. Next night after work I very, very cautiously pulled the cowl off and he was gone. Hopefully he's out there eating some mice for me!
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

11. Member
    he just wanted a ride

Had a few over the years get in the boat with me. Snakes everywhere on bistineau and red river.....
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

13. Member
    pellet gun,nutra rats and snakes, fish aint bittn go huntn