Thread: rev4 help

rev4 help

i have a 21 rev 4 coming. too cheap to pass up.
    i run a 24trophy 5600 rpm mid 60's with a full load. 3.7ptp with wedges maxed on trim 8 ft roost. t
    23 tempest ran a a bit slower loaded with more rpm 3.7 ptp

generally should rev 4go up or down? and like a lot or just minor adjustmenst. slidemaster adjustment on the water isnt easy.

trophy runs almost 68 just me. but very sensitive to height. 1/8th inch costs me 3-4 mph. trophy runs flatter not nose high.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

2. Banned
    I think you will be way over the rev limiter with a 21pitch. Isn’t your limiter around 5750rpm.

3. Member
    I run both a Trophy and a Rev 4 on a TR 196 with a 200 Optimax. The Rev 4 runs a little stiffer than the Trophy but not enough to keep you off the limiter dropping 2 pitches. The Rev 4 can run a little higher than the Trophy - maybe up to 3 1/4" PTP. I suspect you will have a great hole shot and midrange. Your entire boat will lift better and run with more bow lift at higher RPMs but I suspect you will top out at about 63 or 64 when you hit the limiter. Based on my experience with the Rev 4, which is limited, you would probably love a 23". Please post results so I will know if I am nuts or if I came close. Not a lot of Rev 4 results to go by. Not the same rig but I run mine with 3 vent holes open and one mid size plug. You may not need that much venting with more HP and less pitch.

4. Member
    ya im hoping for 63 revved out. ill try it where im set now then keep lifting it.
    brother has a lund w 150 4stroke went from a 21 tempest to a 21 rev 4 dropped 500 rpms. so that made me think i can run the 21.

should find out in a few days.. i will run it then try lifting..i wont try burying it
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

5. Member
    The rule is typically drop 2 pitches for a Rev 4 from what I have heard. If you are a bit high you can always have it reworked to be more aggressive and drop your RPM.

6. Member
    okay so i tried rev4 21 today.
    it is a massive prop.compared to my trophy.
    couldnt even get close to holeshot on solid plugs. took them all out ..accelerates great but half trim and it lets go. cant lift bow. dropped plate quarter inch . better hole shot and it helped top end ..but still 8mph less than my 24 trophy. and still over revs on a long run

my 23 p high 5 is faster.

huge dissapointment.

trophy did everything better except holseshot.
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

7. Banned
    Dang, playing with props sure does get expensive! I thought it would give you better results.

8. Member
    still baffled how a prop with nearly twice the surface area lets go so easily on my rig.
    And my best all around prop is damn near an antique.
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

9. Member
    q
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

10. Member
    I am really surprised based on my experience. It is amazing how much prop performance can be different on different hulls.

11. Member
    okay I managed to trade 21 rev 4 for a 23 ..will give it one more try before this optimax gets sold as I am repowering.
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

12. Member
    I have had good success with the Rev4s on various rigs.
    With its long exhaust tube it is designed to provide extra stern lift.
    I have had that tube cut down by 3/4 in and get extra bow lift as a result. Note the B1XS has a shorter tube v the stock B1, as an example.
    From my seat time, the Rev4 also likes to be run somewhat higher than other props, so play with JP height to find a sweet spot. Good luck.