Banned

Back from Kentucky Lake

Just got back from the Triton Owners tournament and what a blast. That's a beautiful part of the country and was weird seeing a lake that's full and fluctuating water level. We struggled in our prefish days but found one spot that had some fish on it. We ended up sitting on it all day, never fired the big motor. If you ever left a spot there was someone there to move in. It's a little bit different up there than what I'm used to around here, boats stacked on top of each other. We lost some fish on Friday that would have put us top 5 for day one but ended up 143. Day two was a different story, went right back to the same spot and had 14lbs on 3 and ended up 48th and cut a check. That is a first clas event Triton puts on for us, several pros were there and got to take pics with Gerald Swindle and visit for a few minutes. He is as down to earth and funny as hell, hard not to pull for the guy as he is a class act man. Can't wait to go back next year, already making plans.

P.S. We went to some of the old cemeteries in Dover on Memorial Day, if you are into history that's a must see.

Congratulations Chance. That is beautiful country and lake. We toured the area one day and ended up on a dirt back road in the woods. I could have sworn I could hear bango music in the air if you get what I mean. We spotted a barn spewing lots of smoke and thought it was on fire. I was ready to call 911 when I realized they were drying tobacco leaves. LOL! Glad you made it home safely.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berger1b View Post
    Congratulations Chance. That is beautiful country and lake. We toured the area one day and ended up on a dirt back road in the woods. I could have sworn I could hear bango music in the air if you get what I mean. We spotted a barn spewing lots of smoke and thought it was on fire. I was ready to call 911 when I realized they were drying tobacco leaves. LOL! Glad you made it home safely.
    No, banjo music comes from the Northeast Georgia, Northwest South Carolina state line on the incredible Chattooga River. That is the top whitewater anywhere.

Kentucky Lake is 185 miles long and 160,000 acres in size. Biggest lake in the east. It has it all.

Sounds like a great time and congrats on your finish!!

5. Member
    I'm glad y'all had a good time! No pics?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    I'm glad y'all had a good time! No pics?
    Ginger has most of the pics on her phone, we left our good camera at home

7. Banned
    Good job.

I bet that was a blast. Beautiful part of this Country.
    Glad you enjoyed it all and had a successful fishing tournament as well Chance.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Way to go, Chance!

10. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    I've been there three times, and if I wasn't a Texas, I would be a Tennesee'an

That place can truly produce rags to riches, and back again. You did not exaggerate on the ben rod pattern. It is worse there than I have ever witnessed at For! LOL

Glad you folks enjoyed yourself! Triton does it right on the TOT!!!

11. Member
    Very nice

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobs21X View Post
    I've been there three times, and if I wasn't a Texas, I would be a Tennesee'an

That place can truly produce rags to riches, and back again. You did not exaggerate on the ben rod pattern. It is worse there than I have ever witnessed at For! LOL

Glad you folks enjoyed yourself! Triton does it right on the TOT!!!
    I agree Bobby, I could live up there as long has I never had to go to Memphis again.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    Very nice
    Well, well well, trouble showed up!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Well, well well, trouble showed up!
    Lol, I'm moving my show over here.

15. Banned
    Lol, I'm moving my show over here.
    Got ran off from the TFF huh? This is a better deal anyway, but don't think you're running shit over here, we already know how to unload a boat to your specifications!

16. Member
    It seems that kate spade is close to certain mods heart. Don't worry, I will not tell anyone you potlicked those pk fish. Lol

17. Banned
    It seems that kate spade is close to certain mods heart. Don't worry, I will not tell anyone you potlicked those pk fish. Lol
    I have no idea WTF you're talking about Skippy what is the PK you are speaking of? 'm sure some would close to Mrs Spade, I think most of them use purses over there.

18. Banned
    If you guys ever want to listen to a great YouTube video, check out Gerald’s channel. He has a several part video series that is outstanding, made me a huge fan of his.

And congrats on the good finish on a strange lake, Mr. Chance.

19. Banned
    Thanks Grout and I do watch his you tube stuff a lot and have always been a fan of his, he does so funny vids on Facebook as well.