2018 ZX225 water getting into front storage

Took a few waves over the bow yesterday fishing off shore on a windy day, nothing too bad but front deck by trolling motor pedal was wet. Later in the day I went to pull another rod out of the center storage, and noticed there was water in the corners of the storage. I don't think any got into the other storages. Just wondering where this water might be getting in there? I had my butt seat screwed into the seat hole. I could only imagine how much would get in there had I been fishing in a down poor, but it was a sunny 103 yesterday.

2. Member
    Had the same on my 2017 225. What I did was check the drains in the corners which was not hooked up good and tighten. Also went around all the front and back desk screws around the lip and tighten.

3. Member
    I have a 2015 ZX225 that had the exact issue you are talking about. A couple minor things I did, and it is absolutely fine now. 1) make sure all hinge screws are tight and 2) make sure the latches are adjusted so they hold the lids down tight. That is what fixed mine. I power washed the carpet yesterday and not a single drop made it into the compartments. Hope this helps!

4. Member
    leaking is ALWAYS through the lid latch or the hinge.
    the lid closes over a lip, so the water would have to do a whirly gig dance to go under the lip of the lid and then back up over the lip of the storage area.
    I shouldn't say it cannot be done but the probability is remote.
    the hinge area would be the most common and the latch area being second.
    the easiest way for me to tell is where "EXACTLY" is it wet? if it is on the side of the latch, then that is the most probable area or if it is on the hinge side, then tighten and seal this area. water is pretty simple. it follows gravity and seeps in about everywhere.

5. Member
    Thanks, I don’t think the water was making it to the lids but maybe. Keep in mind they were coming over the bow due to me spot locked facing into the wind. I was not taking on massive amounts of water and I really don’t think the water even made it to my seat pedestal. I’m thinking somewhere in the recessed trolling motor tray but who knows, il have the dealer look at it after my Falcon trip this week, thanks,

6. Member
    Take a big glass of water and pour it directly into the trolling motor tray. Don’t let anything else get wet and see where it ends up

7. Member
    Dropped it off at dealer today, having trailer issues, loads high left every time, bow hook will not meet the center of the roller. Water getting in front compartments, chunk of gel missing at back end of Hambys where they must have screwed up the install, and leaking live well pump. Oh dear lord I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this boat!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Dropped it off at dealer today, having trailer issues, loads high left every time, bow hook will not meet the center of the roller. Water getting in front compartments, chunk of gel missing at back end of Hambys where they must have screwed up the install, and leaking live well pump. Oh dear lord I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this boat!
    For your trailer issue, I bet the bunks are different sizes. There was another 2018 Skeeter post on here with that same issue. His bunks were different lengths and did not match. His boat would not load straight either. Sucks you are having problems with a new boat. Your dealer and Skeeter will make it right.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 06-17-2018 at 03:44 AM.
    Brad Krone

9. Member
    I am having the same issue loading my new zx225.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM4IU View Post
    I am having the same issue loading my new zx225.
    My dealer said he was aware of the issue and that there was a "kit" to fix it. Not sure what he means by kit, but I'm hoping it is a true fix and not a bandaid. Il let you know when I get it back. Contact your dealer and have them fix it.

11. Member
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

i just ordered this to out on all of my compartments. This should seal them from outside water. I learned it from watching BMP’s YouTube videos. This is one of the first thing he does every year when he gets his new boat.