Torsion Axle Broke / Any tips on replacement?

I have a Skeeter/EZ-Loader trailer with torsion axles and one of the torsion inserts has failed

I can move the arm and see the spline turn with it so I know the arm did not strip the teeth

Now the axle company is warrantying the axle but says I have to use the arms I have

Of course this is the axle with the breaks so I have to replace all the break line and brackets that are welded to the axel

Anyone ever do something like this?

My biggest worry is putting the arms on the new axle in the correct angle

I know the spline has teeth but does it have a keyway or mark so you get the angle right or do I need to figure this out before I remove them from the old axle?

Any other issues I need to look out for?
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The axle is full adjustable, so no key. Fender clearance will guide you. You don’t have to tighten much to see how it sits.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Follow up and Shout Out to Dexter Axles

Dexter / UFP is the maker of the axles on the Skeeter EZ-Loader trailers
    and within 2 minutes of my initial call they had emailed me a form to fill out to get a free replacement

13 days later (today) a poor UPS guy shows up with 2 (TWO) axles

I only requested a replacement for the one that failed but they sent both

I spent the day painting them and tomorrow the one I'm doing now gets the break line brackets welded on and hopefully I will be installing it tomorrow

I'll tackle the other at the end of the season
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Your axle only spun on one side. The good side will give you the measurement from the end of the trailing arm up to the frame. If you have a tandem axle, all 4 should match this measurement. Just jack up the trailer and remove the wheels. Then, measure from the end of the trailing arm up to the frame or some other reference point. Generally on a tandem axle, the trailing arm is mounted 3 notches below horizontal. On a single axle, it is set at 4 notches below horizontal.

UFP hooked me up when my torsion axle failed as well... They told me that they had a bad batch of vuclcanized rubber causing this in 2003ish...

Thank You UFP for taking care of your customers....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html