C10 not working at all

C10 on dash not working at all. Engine starts runs fine in driveway. I've checked all connections under dash that i know of. Where under cowling would one check.

2. Member
    Kevin, I believe I'd check around and under the fuse box in the front of the motor. I believe that is where the ECM is for these motors. BTW, did you verify that you have good voltage going to your NMEA network or didn't possibly blow a fuse somewhere? As well, how is the networking between your graphs? Not sure about Humminbird, but do you utilize an external GPS antennae or use the internal ones? I'm just trying to help you determine if your NMEA is working correctly because that would be sending power to your C10 Display, not the motor. If the motor side was not working, the display should turn on, but would have no information.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    I do not have motor information on my graphs. I never have and never want to due to my already frustrating experiences with all if this, don't think I want a single more wire than necessary. I just want the c10 gauge to turn on and work since it's already installed in the boat. I have a source that has contact with a Suzuki person that just relayed some info. They said since I'm getting no power to c10, as opposed to c10 coming on with zero information, I need to check for a matchbox sized fuse that is near the NMEA 2000 connectors under the dash. So I'm going to get under dash a check that out here shorty. Booter my guy told me that since I'm getting no power to the c10 that it most likely isn't related to ecm back at the motor. But I'm certainly open to anything. Where is the ECM on the outboard in case I need to go there?

I have both internal and external antennas on my humminbirds but I don't run NMEA 2000 through them and don't ever want to now. I have a Lowrance antenna that purely exists for the c10. I have hummunbird external antennas at bow and stern that work for Humminbird units. But surely they have nothing to do with this. Yes my 4 humminbird helix units are networks for sonar, imaging, and gps. But not motor information on them. Just battery voltage.

4. Member
    Kev, I believe the ECM is inside the black panel near the front of the motor labeled "FUSE BOX". When I looked at my motor this morning, this is the only thing that resembled an ECM from what I can tell. In regards to the NMEA network, I'm assuming Humminbird is similar to Lowrance in regards to what's on the NMEA 2000 network. For Lowrance, the external GPS and the controls for my SONIC HUB (music radio) are all on or controlled via the NMEA network, that's all. My sonar imaging between graphs goes on the other network. BTW, when you got your BUS can error, was your C10 working after that? Just trying to see if the are connected or not.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Member
    When the Can<9 volt alarm error occurred, the c10 was working. The c10 lcd display was what I read the error from. While I was trolling back to ramp, I tried approximately 5 times to start the engine. Each time, it would start for a moment then shut itself off and the c10 would read out the CAN BUS error. I can't swear to it since I was NOT looking at it the preceding seconds before my engine shut down, but I assume it was displaying engine data before that alarm initially went off and shut engine down for the first time. What I can tell you as fact is that the very next day in my driveway, the boat started and idled normally. I can't swear that I even glanced at the c10 when it started in the driveway. All of that was nany days ago. Yesterday, before taking boat on river, I started it with the hose in driveway and noticed c10 was black and no sign of power whatsoever. I still took my boat out and ran around all day no problem. No alarms of any kind.

6. Member
    I found suzuki engine interface cable and this plug that connects to it when undoing a bunch of zip tied wires.. But nowhere do i see any place where it was plugged in to anything. No matching plug that I can see. Also i removed fuse box cover on front of engine. No idea what fuse is relevant. I'm going to have to do more homework on that to even begin. I also have my gear shifter removed and felt for fuses along the sides. I don't see anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kevin,

Do you mind if I copy that picture of the interface cable and use it to do some research for you?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X