The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Falcon Setups and Top Speeds

Wanting to know what speeds y'all are getting at wot in your Falcons.
    I like to have my boats set up for optimum performance. Wondering what that is for Falcons.
    Please list..
    - Boat
    - Motor
    - prop / brand & pitch...stock or worked
    - Jackplate size / hydro or manual
    - Top end speed
    - Rpm's at wot if you know them

Thinking about a purchase. Comparing to Phoenix
    Thanks ahead!

2. Member
    Any model in particular that you are interested in getting?

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Any model in particular that you are interested in getting?
    205...possibly 215, thanks

4. Member
    1rudebee has a 205. Send him a pm and he can give you some specifics. Also, here is a link to some speeds in general.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=890376
    Last edited by Sports1; 06-03-2018 at 07:19 AM.

5. Member
    I"ve run a 205 for the past year with a 250 G2 Evinrude. I ran a 26 Raker HO prop on it and a manual jack plate. THe boat ran 76 in the cooler water and 72-3 in the hot water. I really liked this combo and ordered another just like it with a hydraulic jackplate. Should have it in the next month. I had the privilege of running a 215 this weekend with a 250 G2. I ran my prop on it and it had a manual jackplate too. It ran about 2mph slower. It was easier to drive and a softer ride than my 205. That being said, I prefer the extra width in the front of the deck on the 205. I also prefer the one big storage lid in the front deck on the 205. The 215 is a very nice boat and has the Cadillac ride. But, the 205 still fits my needs better. The nice thing is Falcon has 2 models that will meet the needs to 2 different crowds. Both are wide and very comfortable. Can't go wrong with either model.

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thank you for links and detailed info. It helped and I really appreciate that. Strongly considering 205.
    Would still like info on jack plate length with say a Mercury or Suzuki. Something that doesn't have a large built in setback like G2.
    I'm running a 12" hydro Bob's JP with a SHO now, on a 921 Phoenix. Average speeds 74.7 - 76.5 depending on temps. I'm always full on gas and tons of gear.

7. Member
    I've seen 72 in a 215 with a 250 SHO. Falcon has sent out a few combos with a modified 24p Solas Scorpion in lieu of the VMAX SHO prop. 10" hydro plate, 3/4 tank of fuel, 450lbs of human, 95deg air, 82deg water, slick calm, 2x 12' Talons with tilt brackets, 220lbs of batteries, and stuffed bins. Don't know RPMS, or prop to pad. If speed is a real big factor then go 205.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    I've seen 72 in a 215 with a 250 SHO. Falcon has sent out a few combos with a modified 24p Solas Scorpion in lieu of the VMAX SHO prop. 10" hydro plate, 3/4 tank of fuel, 450lbs of human, 95deg air, 82deg water, slick calm, 2x 12' Talons with tilt brackets, 220lbs of batteries, and stuffed bins. Don't know RPMS, or prop to pad. If speed is a real big factor then go 205.
    Thank you! Good information. That's great considering weight & temps. Yes the 205 would be my choice.

9. Member
    205 with a Mercury 250 Pro XS V8 would be a combo that I would like to see some top speed numbers. That combo should really go.