Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tracker PT 195 TWX Transom

I am new to BBC but have read numerous post recently. A great deal of knowledge and experience exists here so I joined.
    I have been researching aluminum bass boats from the legacy builder's to the upstart Vexus line and I keep coming back to the Tracker 195 TWX for numerous reasons.
    The million dollar question is did Tracker remedy the transom cracking issue that seemed to plague the initial release of the flagship 195 in 2016. The last post I read regarding this problem stated they added some kind of a brace or plate. The main reason I ask is I found a left over "new" 2017 195 TWX at a dealer sans engine for a great price. Any information would be much appreciated.

2. Member
    I don't know about whether or not Tracker fixed the issue globally, but I have a 2017 Tournament Edition with a 150 Optimax that has sat perched on a boat lift now for all of last season and since April this year without any signs of stress.

3. Member
    There has not been any reports on here for a while that I have seen. I have a 2016 and it has held up fine. Make no mistake there were obviously some that made it out that had problems.

4. Member
    Thank you for the info, I just don't want to make a mistake on a purchase and regret it. Plan on using this boat mostly on inland east TN TVA lakes, no big water exposure. If I may ask, are you all basically happy with the 195?

5. Member
    I'm extremely happy with my boat. I added a power pole and put two Humminbird 698s on it. Aside from that, the boat is completely stock. I fish for bass and musky out of it, and I think it does both very well.

6. Member
    Sounds great! I may just have to pull the trigger on one.

Quote Originally Posted by MRip50 View Post
    I'm extremely happy with my boat. I added a power pole and put two Humminbird 698s on it. Aside from that, the boat is completely stock. I fish for bass and musky out of it, and I think it does both very well.
    Hey another Summit City member.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

8. Member
    Yes sir! Born and raised in the Fort! I fish Webster mostly because my best friend has a cottage there and I keep my boats on his pier. Lots of great fishing there.

Quote Originally Posted by MRip50 View Post
    Yes sir! Born and raised in the Fort! I fish Webster mostly because my best friend has a cottage there and I keep my boats on his pier. Lots of great fishing there.
    Yes fished that lake may time. I go all over lol. Lake Map of north east Indiana has a lot of dart holes in it

Been hanging out lately on the Cedar chain. Round, little and big cedar. My daughter lives on Big Cedar. Whenever I get my boat finished. Maybe I’ll head up to Webster for a friendly one-day tournament with you LOL
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 06-03-2018 at 12:00 AM.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

10. Member
    good afternoon,

I just picked up mine, last Thursday,......easy tow, easy unload and load, planes quickly, ton of deck room, love the rod locker, more than enough tackle storage...…...motor toter absolutely SUKS......I will add roller and the atwood toter……probably a couple of rail steps, love the wench step on the 40th anny edition....added 4" jack plate, trolling motor cable rope, hook 5 is fine on the front, added Lowrance 9 elite on console, trolling motor is fine for me.....Pro XS 115, 4 stroke......BTW we now have non ethanol gas in el campo,TEXAS………...YAhooooooo!!!!!

go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2

11. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    There is/was a 195 at my local BPS with a crack in one of the transom welds. I think a robot is welding the transoms on these boats? I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying a 195 or any Tracker boat for that matter. They're wonderful boats for the casual fisherman. Just check all the welds out carefully before you take delivery and keep an eye on them just like you would any welded boat. Tracker pushes out a ton of boats but hopefully QC is on top of things...
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

On the 2017 and newer. They have the redesigned transom. And there hasn’t been any trouble sense. But if one is looking, and you find out it’s a 2016. They I’d pass.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

13. Member
    I have a 2016 no issues so far with the hull, although I had to correct some battery tray issues, like only one screw each side when 6 are required , or at least 4....and of three trays, all three had 1 or both screws loose. Otherwise, no issues, no cracks of welds in hull or transom....I'm watching for anything, since I've still got warranty .
    2016 Tracker ProTeam 195 TXW
    Mercury 150 L EFI 4-stroke
    Twin Helix 9 SI GPS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 w/iPilot Link
    Easy Step

14. Member
    gatorglenn, do you have any details on what the redesign consist of ? Hopefully its a significant change and not half baked.

Quote Originally Posted by SWA12 View Post
    gatorglenn, do you have any details on what the redesign consist of ? Hopefully its a significant change and not half baked.
    Only what I saw in person. They added a large gauge aluminum plate to the top inside of the transom splash well. And a more continuous larger welding bracing to the stringers in the bilge. With the fix I saw. I would buy it.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

16. Member
    Thanks so much guys. Appreciate all the insight.

17. Member
    There’s also some internal bracing starting on the ‘17 models that can’t be seen from the outside.
    2018 Tracker PT 195TXW Anniversary Edition, Mercury 150L.

18. Member
    Looks like it still crops up...2018 model...Ok, took boat to bass pro shop...it dinoed at 5700....back on water still only 50mph....took it to another tracker dealer and he said it should do way more....he,s going to raise it one hole and actually test it on the water...now the not so good...they discovered a cracked weld on transom....he’s calling tracker with photos to see what they want to do...he says his aluminum welding guy is the best and this would be the second 195 they have done. But the good is...just got my helix 12 megaSI, 7 mega DS and minkota ulterra...now have to decide if I want to keep the lowrance hook2 5’s in place and add helix,s.....didn’t catch a thing last tournament...big bass tournament on Conroe end of month

19. Member
    Update: now the dealer says it has a hooked hull...calling corporate tomorrow. They only did 50 with original prop and 46 with stepping down to 23p. Motor dinoed at around 5900.

20. Member
    Does anyone have any pictures of the repair that tracker came up with for the transom cracks. I have two fairly long cracks, around both braces where they meet the transom, i cant even get a response from bass pro on the status of the warranty, since i am the second owner. They told me it would be a week or two before they can get an answer back from tracker. I would rather bi pass dealing with them, and take it to a shop i know that does any kind of custom fabrications for aluminum. If it takes a week to two weeks just to find out the status, i cant imagine how long it would take them to fix it. I would like to see what they came up with anyways if anyone has dealt with this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast