Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

2. Member
    This is what i have on mine as far as crackingIMG_1462 (002).jpgIMG_1463 (002).jpgIMG_1462 (002).jpg

I read somewhere that the problem was not only tracker - but xpress had cracking problem - alumacraft - crestliner - (and others) all had issues and it was because of impurities in the aluminum from the aluminum manufacturer - want to say that was in boating world magazine last year or the year before. I will see if I can find the article on Google

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of the repair that tracker came up with for the transom cracks. I have two fairly long cracks, around both braces where they meet the transom, i cant even get a response from bass pro on the status of the warranty, since i am the second owner. They told me it would be a week or two before they can get an answer back from tracker. I would rather bi pass dealing with them, and take it to a shop i know that does any kind of custom fabrications for aluminum. If it takes a week to two weeks just to find out the status, i cant imagine how long it would take them to fix it. I would like to see what they came up with anyways if anyone has dealt with this.
    That is one thing I REALLY LIKE ABOUT RANGER.....From what I have seen and heard RANGER HAS REPLACED beCRACKED HULLS WITH NEW BOATS......NOT PATCHED THE OLD HULLS. For me that was a big deal for such a large purchase. The peace of mind about Ranger taking care of the customer if there is a problem. For that ----- charge me a little more, I don't care.

I would be afraid to have it worked on outside of Tracker support. What if it's really messed up? You could cost yourself a LOT of money and have a boat that is basically not worth what it was for resale or trade.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

5. Member
    Those "braces" that are cracking are an illusion. They are there to simulate the knee bracing on quality boats that run from high on the transom down to the stringers. If you look under the splashwell you will see that there is nothing there All of the motor forces are being transferred to the splash well, not where they should be.

6. Member
    Any Aluminum boat has the risk to crack, no matter the brand it's the nature of the beast when welding aluminum, my 2006 PT 190 has never cracked but my 2008 triton panfish with a 50hp has and had to be sent back to have re-welded. Triton has a lifetime hull warranty, so it cost me nothing to have it sent back and fixed, they even re-certified the hull while it was there. now that said it was gone for 8 weeks. my advice is buy the boat if you like it and your getting a good deal. if it does crack it's not he end of the world, there is a welder than can fix it in less than a day in most cases. much faster than having a Glass boat fixed and much cheaper too.
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12