Thread: NEWTON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    What are the current HP rules on newton? 25 or 50?

2. Member
    25hp. If it's like Coffeen, you can put any size engine on it, can only use greater than 25hp to load/unload. After that, shut it off.

3. Member
    My dad and I were there this saturday and the fishing was really tough . We caught around 20 fish with most of them being on the small side . The last two trips have been this way . Has there been any other updates on any kind of fish kill or has the dog days of summer just caught up with us ? Most of the other boats I see get there early and are gone by noon. Even the few local boats that are familiar to me leave early .
    Ona side note there is someone at the lake every time I am there with a maroon dodge ram and a lowe boat. This time he said hello to my dad and called him by name . He knows us but we only know him by his boat and the fact he is on every spot we want to fish before we get there haha. I suspect he is a local and even he is leaving early . Does any body know his name based on the boat and vehicle description ? I feel a little bad that he knows us but we can't reply with anything other than hey you or what's up dude .

4. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I hate slow days where I only catch 20 fish.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

5. Member
    it is all relative to how it was . good postspawn days can be 100+ fish . Once you learn some of the better spots and fish them at the right time you might catch 20-50 on each spot . Some of May and all of June are usually like this . It takes a lot of time on the water to find them but it is well worth it once you do.

6. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I’m looking forward to a 100+ fish day

Just remember to fish any other lake - any - and you will never have a day like your worst on Newton. It’s an amazing fishery.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

7. Member
    There is no doubt it is my favorite lake i illinois .I just wish I lived a little closer . I pick my dad up at 3:15 in the morning for a summer trip . That makes for a long tiresome day and drive home.

8. Member
    You could sleep in, just go to silver!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt93 View Post
    I’m looking forward to a 100+ fish day

Just remember to fish any other lake - any - and you will never have a day like your worst on Newton. It’s an amazing fishery.
    AGREE However another lake in Illinois does produce 100+ days. Size is under Newton but still fun.
    Please release me,let me go.

10. Member
    silver lake almost doesn't qualify as being called a lake . If it does it is only because it contains water and not much else .

Looks as if I'll be giving Newton a try ...

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

12. Member
    what are the water temps at this lake, I know it is a power plant lake, does it get hot and kill fish like Braidwood?

13. Member
    They shut down one of the generation units a while back . It still gets hot but not as hot . I haven't been there in two weeks so things might have changed a little but it was low 90s for most of the lake getting a little warmer in the far reaches of the hot side .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12