SmartCraft Experts - I need your help

Posted on Merc Forum. Maybe someone has had the same problem and can provide their assistance.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....09#post9400909

Are you sure you have the smartcraft cable to the tanks, I have vessel view link which works like smartcraft, but have never hooked up the fuel tanks to it.
    https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-...uel-gauge.html

3. Member
    I checked the wire coming from the A10 panel leading to the Smartcraft gauge with an OHM meter and verified a variable reading based on the position of the fuel sending unit float. The wire leading to the Smartcraft is buried in a bundle behind the sidewall. I wanted some ideas before i tear into that bundle and possibly break other connections.

Te system just uses the reading from the sending unit in impedance or resistance, there is no voltage. The gauge gets a signal through a yellow wire, and the dash defaults to one side and must power a relay to change the sending side. If there is not a signal into the wire at the dash, then it’s a sending unit or wire and those are easily traced. If there is a signal or impedance at the dash area, then check back side of the dash or wire connection loose. The dash switch should be able to give you an idea. There are extremely few A10 failures and we like that unit.

5. Member
    What color wire is the fuel output to the Smartcraft gauge on the back of the A10 plug? And what color wire should that attach to on the Smartcraft harness?

I have checked the yellow/black wire on the starboard tank sending unit and I have a variable OHM reading when I move the float. I have also checked that I have the same OHM reading on the black/yellow wire on the back of the A10 plug. That confirms that I have an input to the A10 panel. I need to check the output from the A10 to the Smartcraft.

Yellow wires are fuel on the boat harness. They may (should) have a stripe. Look at the sending unit wires.

7. Member
    I have traced the yellow/black stripe wires to the back of the A10 plug. I need to know what color is the wire that leads from the A10 to the Smartcraft harness for the fuel level.

8. Member
    I have checked every connection that I can trace until it disappears behind the sidewall and into wire bundle. I tried twice to re calibrate my fuel tanks setting. Same error message. "Calibration Failed" No idea what else to do.

Take a picture of both of the fuel tank senders and the top of you oil tank. While you are at it, pop the cowling and look for the harness connection. It is normally on the starboard side just below the starter.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    Will do this coming weekend. Out of town this week.

Pink is the sender to gauge, though it may have two pink? One may be engine related.