Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Software Update - SOLIX Series v. 3.230

just out

https://www.humminbird.com/support/s...Series-v-3-230

Software Update - SOLIX Series v. 3.230
    Released 05/23/2018

AIS

Fixed an issue where the Targets Tool would not show the AIS Target List if it was opened before an AIS was detected as connected.

AUTOCHART LIVE

Fixed an issue where Depth Highlight and Depth Highlight Range were not synced up between Autochart Live and LakeMaster menus.
    Fixed an issue where the Autochart Live layer could not be turned off on custom chart views.
    Fixed an issue where Autochart Live labels where not rotating correctly on Navionics while in Head Up mode.

BLUETOOTH

Fixed an issue where Bluetooth phone connections would not consistently re-connect to the FishSmart app if the connection was intermittently interrupted.
    Fixed an issue were units would not pair to TALONs unless system defaults were restored first.

CHART

Fixed an issue where Lake Havasu would not correctly download and display from FishSmart.
    Fixed an issue where Lake Keowee would not correctly download and display from FishSmart.
    Fixed an issue where the Lakemaster/ChartSelect depth colors would not appear correctly if the depth colors menu was set to 0.
    Fixed an issue where the Humminbird Basemap would occasionally appear as a selectable Base or Overlay layer.
    Fixed an issue where the Tides and Currents Tools were appearing while set to display the Humminbird Basemap.
    Disabled continuous zoom with the +/- keys and encoder knob on Navionics to help with performance. Continuous zoom is still enabled while zooming with touch gestures.

NETWORKING

Fixed an issue where sonar would not successfully share across an “ad-hoc” network if the second unit was booted several minutes after the first unit was booted.
    Fixed an issue where the JOI Aux Speed/Temp port offsets were not working locally or over the network.

RADAR

Fixed an issue where the RADAR overlay on chart was not displaying correctly while using the Humminbird Basemap.
    Fixed an issue where the RADAR overlay on chart was not displaying correctly while using Navionics while significantly zoomed out.
    Fixed an issue where the RADAR overlay on chart would not update on quarter pane views.
    Fixed an issue where quad-pane views with Chart and RADAR overlay turned on would have significant performance issues.
    Fixed an issue where MARPA targets would show up 90 degrees rotated to the right on units that were HB 2124 RADAR clients.

SONAR

Fixed an issue where DI and SI views and view options were appearing on “2D” models before a DI or SI source was ever subscribed to. Note that this was only an issue in Normal mode. Simulator mode is supposed to show 2D, DI, and SI views on all models.
    Fixed an issue where 360 views and view options were appearing before a 360 source was detected.
    Fixed an issue where Max Depth was not being reset to Auto after restoring factory defaults.
    Fixed an issue where Lower Range was constantly being set to 6995 FT while set to Lower Range manual mode while in Split (Dual) sonar display mode. Auto Lower Range Mode was not affected.
    Fixed an issue with FishID+ depth labels appearing with incorrect values.

SYSTEM

Fixed an issue where SOLIX 10 panes on default views could not be maximized and normalized correctly.
    Fixed an issue where the backlight value was not being saved to the backend system level. This caused the boot-time splash screens to appear at full brightness instead of the previously selected, user defined brightness level.
    Fixed several issues with favorite views and view thumbnails not being upgraded correctly between software versions. This would occasionally cause previous views to be non-functional or appear incorrectly.
    Fixed an issue were the CPU would cause a “kernel panic” due to a low voltage scenario. Previously released in 3.120.

Software Prerequisites
    Software version 3.040 or greater must be installed prior to 3.230. No damage will occur if 3.040 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful. 3.040 is included in this download package.
    Once 3.230 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.230. Users will not be able to “recover” back to 3.040, 3.110, or 3.120.

there are some ipilot link fixes as well but the system won't let me post them
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 06-01-2018 at 06:33 AM.

i-PILOT LINK

• Fixed an issue where using the Goto menu to navigate to the most recently created Spot-Lock would cause the unit to treat the point as a waypoint instead of a Spot-Lock.
    • Fixed an issue where recording an iTrack from the X-Press menu would not successfully save the iTrack.
    • Fixed an issue where Follow-the-Contour would fail to extended on Lakemaster, ChartSelect, and Autochart Live data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    This update came out over a week ago. Wth is wrong with us

Just finished the update to both my 12” SI and my 10” SI and my IPILOT link to my Ultrex
    I did not restore to default and I did save my Nav Data and menu settings on both

First impression:

Install went smooth with no lockups – not the longest update I’ve done
    There is an older IPilot patch in the file that keeps showing up in the list

Now I did find some minor issues with views and global settings

On the 10” after the install I noticed the views had changed so I imported my menu settings and still found that the sort order had changed and that my custom view was no longer a favorite and a couple of views I don’t use had been set to favorite (Motor Gauges) and I don’t have a NEMA setup to the motor

Also the global setting in my custom view had been turned back on – but in all standard views the global settings were off

Next on my 12” after install and import of menu settings

Again Favorite views sort order was not the same and one extra view set as favorite but my custom view was still a favorite

Again the Global settings for this custom view were back on and I found one other view with globals on

Humminbird needs to get a grip on the GLOBAL ISSUE!

I’ve yet to talk to anyone that leaves the globals on I’m sure there is someone thats going to post saying they use them but from what I can tell the majority of users want them off
    They need to reverse the default from ON to OFF

Next is the custom views its nice to see they at least save the view now but they still need to work on this area

Won’t be on the water for a few days so I can’t test anything else till then
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    What is the global issue? If the network functions properly they could be useful. Why can't you get out earlier? I am waiting to hear if everything works! Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    What is the global issue? If the network functions properly they could be useful. Why can't you get out earlier? I am waiting to hear if everything works! Bob
    The reversed FishID depth numbers is fixed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    KOOOOOOOL. I was starting to feel dyslexic !

8. Member
    I updated my Solix 12si without a hitch. Also did the Ipilot Link update no problem. When it came to the remote it gave me issues though. According to the Solix display menu it sees my remote as 1.140 and wants to load the file: unified-firmware-i-pilot-remote-r2.040.upd.

It would not go so I called bird and that didn't get me far. they sent a file named: unified-firmware-i-pilot-link-30-r1190.1080.upd This file was not pickdup on by the system and I assume it's an old file.

Presently my remote is 1.140 and Link controller 1.240
    Last edited by Diesel Pro; 06-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.

9. Banned
    My console unit updated fine. I didn’t restore defaults and at first glance everything stayed the same. I was then able to sync my bow unit. I’ll go through everything if I can get on the water Sunday.

10. Member
    There should be a file for the ipilot link 2.150. I believe it loads the remote file to the head(controller) and you need to use the remote to get its load from the controller. At least that is what I remember. I will have to go to the manual to make sure. Bob

11. Member
    If I understand correctly these things are supposed to be smart enough to identify what accessories are present, what the current firmware is and what the latest available file is correct?

Mine is a Bluetooth version if it makes any difference and my Ipilot Link is 1.240.

12. Member
    I read that in the bluetooth remote manual. Page 103
    You can also do it from your phone if you have the app and follow those procedures. That worked well in February for me. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-01-2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added app info

13. Member
    Does this fix the depth reading issue?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    I downloaded the app, paired with the Ipilot link, starting, and trolling (all 3 showed up) but when I went to launch the app the motor could not be found.

Which manual are you referring to page 103? The solix or do I need to locate another?

What are your current Ipilot Link and remote software numbers?

This is a brand Ranger new boat and I am trying to do this in the garage if that makes any difference. When I deploy my Ulterra on the trailer it deploys and stops but I can't trim it due to interference with the trailer winch. When I have it deployed and try to steer it the unit just beeps so I assume there may be an issue somewhere.

15. Member
    From minn kota site: https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...BoCJvAQAvD_BwE

Link Controller:2.150
    Remote: 2.040

16. Member
    Tone357, We are talking about the ipilot link. We will have to see how the units work better in shallow water. Following is a link to the update notes: https://www.humminbird.com/support/s...Series-v-3-230
    Diesel, You only have to turn the ulterra on. No need to deploy it for the update. Also the remote has to be paired with the head.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-01-2018 at 08:31 PM.

17. Member
    Thank you

I did download the manual and also got the APP working, but it said the software was current. I'll try again tomorrow. I think the app version was 1.6.

You know what would be nice? Myhumminbird.com showing the proper and latest software numbers for our devices.

18. Banned
    I’ve got a link update on my card that fails when you try to run it from the unit. Pretty sure you have to run it with the remote or phone

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I’ve got a link update on my card that fails when you try to run it from the unit. Pretty sure you have to run it with the remote or phone
    That’s the patch I was referring too

It has a lower version number than the others

It failed for me as well
    "The handicapped angler"

20. Member
    Are you guys loading the ipilot controller first? It needs to be loaded before the ipilot remote. Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast