Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Are you guys loading the ipilot controller first? It needs to be loaded before the ipilot remote. Bob

To the best of my recollection I did mine in order from top to bottom as they appeared on my screen.

Since Bird sent me what seems to an older version I suspect that what happened is loaded out of order, but it does not recognize the older version to load it.

They also sent me a .bin file version, but I have no idea what to do with that. I assume I have to boot from it, but not sure I want to take that risk.

2. Member
    OK finally got down to the boat. Can't try the app as my cell reception at the marina is crap. Using the download on SD I Got a failed update about 2 minutes into the upgrade. If not watching, it continues and comes up on the files screen. The updates that are the same as what you already have will not show. I think they included the file from the February because a note in the download says you must have that level to upgrade to the current software. My opinion the ipilot update is FUBAR. Another overly complicated and flawed software mess. My Solix works fine so that is good. I guess a call to CS on Monday. I will pass on what they say. The more call the better I would guess. Bob

3. Member
    Good to know it's not just me.

4. Member
    I have to pay closer attention That was ipilot not ipilot link. NEVERMIND
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-02-2018 at 04:19 PM.

5. Banned
    It’s been part of the update for a while now. Pretty sure it has to be done from the remote or app. I tried to do it with the last update and this update and it’s always failed from the unit

6. Member
    See my edit. The link still states the app or the humminbird unit. I used the app in February so I had not attempted from the unit till now. Certainly they could check whether these updates work or not. And one file that did it all should be all we have to mess with. Not 9! Turn on the network with all units up and let her eat. Should be all we need to know. After all this is made for fishermen. No degrees required! Bob

7. Member
    1. I updated my solix 12 at the console first. The initial install said it was a succuess but it said I was on version 1.0. I installed it a second time and I wound up on the correct version.

2. I have not been able to successfully update the i-Pilot link. It keeps saying it failed.

3. I downloaded the onix update and attempted to update my onix 8. It said the update was successful and then I got the gray screen of death. I’m sure the onix will have to be sent in.

i would wait until they figure out the problems before updating.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    It’s been part of the update for a while now. Pretty sure it has to be done from the remote or app. I tried to do it with the last update and this update and it’s always failed from the unit
    I have the app and it says that my software is up to date so apparently app is behind the new release.

9. Member
    I think that is it. An update for the app is needed for new software.
    Note: I just looked in the app store at the ipilot link app It shows what it thinks the controller and remote updates are. so if you get an update it will be the new software in your app. I thought it would download through the app but it will simply be an updated app with the latest updates. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-02-2018 at 07:15 PM. Reason: NOTE

10. Banned
    This one? Look at the edited date on the download

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 06-05-2018 at 11:15 AM.

11. Member
    You mean the 2014 date? Probably the original creation date of the file. But who knows it does not work either way. I did not get that to display on its own. Did you only put that file on the SD?
    Last edited by bobcoy; 06-03-2018 at 06:03 AM.

12. Member
    Unified-firmware-ipilot-link-r2150 would appear to be the individual file that is latest
    Unified-firmware-ipilot-remote-r2.040 would appear to be the remote and the one that is giving us grief.

Unified-firmware-ipilot-link-30-r1240.1140 seems to be numbers matching to what I have presently on my devices

I'm not sure what the significance of having the 30 in the filename is, but could be to match the date of the hardware? Maybe the system is misrecognizing the patch as applicable. That or it is misnamed. Either way Bird needs a beta team to test this stuff...

Unified-firmware-ipilot-link-30-r11190.1080 is what they keep sending me. I have received it in .upd and .bin formats from HB CS

13. Banned

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    You mean the 2014 date? Probably the original creation date of the file. But who knows it does not work either way. I did not get that to display on its own. Did you only put that file on the SD?
    No it’s part of the solix update. Look at your sd card. It has been there for a while. I was told to ignore it
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 06-03-2018 at 08:23 AM.

15. Banned
    I didn’t restore defaults before or after the update, but some settings like sources changed. Import setting did not work so I had to do everything manually.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post

So what is your take on this? Are we up to date and the system is seeing an update that is maybe not applicable or is it a HB mess?

Sure would be nice to have targeted software downloads so a person could just load what matched the device(s)

17. Banned
    i think we are up to date, but i never could get a clear answer on what the update was or why is was failing. it has been part of the update for a while though if this it the correct file. the 2.040 has been there even longer. since 11/4/2014. maybe the unit is just seeing an update we don't actually need?

18. Member
    What we are is on the last update(Feb 14 2018)and the app has not been updated with the new software yet. It shows up to date because the one in the app and the one installed in the ipilot controller and remote match. It fails because it is screwed up. At least that's my take on it. Bob

19. Member
    Dear ,
    Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.
    According to my information, you have the software current on all of you equipment as of todays date.
    If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Good Boating and Fishing!
    Burney

--Original Message--

Date: 6/1/2018 5:20:20 PM
    To:
    service@humminbird.com
    Subject: RE: iPilot Link With Bluetooth [#250692]

Why are you sending me r1190.1.080 when it appears to be superseded by unified-firmware-i-pilot-link-30-r1240.1140?

If I understand correctly these things are supposed to be smart enough to identify what accessories are present, what the current firmware is and what the latest available file is correct?

I updated the Solix no problem. Then there was “a” update for the Ipilot. There was also a update for the remote, but the system shows that there is one remaining

My current Ipilot Link is 1.240

Current remote 1.140

Solix 3.230

20. Member
    More from Bird:

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products. After checking the software it does not show an additional software to download. If you continue to have issues call the number below and speak with one of the representatives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast