Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got to laugh at "swim out to retrieve my boat at a primitive ramp." Just hope no one was there to see ya, including snakes and gators! I have had to do that and damn, there was a group to witness it!
    Hole for the riv nut .250" Hole for 8-32 tap is .1360", so the hole is not that much larger. I think between the riv-nuts and the E6000, (ladder is made from 316 SS), it will last longer than the boat!
    Good suggestion for the grab handle. I have a Talon that I can lean against and use for additional support.

Thanks again and tight lines!

Thanks Bill. I just looked again at your picture and see that was a Kayak grab handle. I think I have one or two of those laying around. I'm installing that handle tomorrow!

Receive the ladder from Metalogic today. Quicker than the original delivery date. Very nice unit. Excellent Metal finishing.
    Any of you wanting to install a ladder, two Thumbs up to Metalogic! (They are a sponsor here.)
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Bob,
    I got your PM but am replying here because I was unable to attach a picture to the PM.

I was mistaken about how much access I had to the inside of the transom. I don’t know what I saw before, but looking again, I only have access to one screw from the inside. There is no foam but you may hit a brace depending on placement. Good idea to use a small drill first so you can see if there is any interference before drilling for the RivNut.
    This is how mine looks, but yours may be different, I seem to remember more open space on the 198.

Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 10-04-2019 at 05:48 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Thanks Bill. When I just knocking on the area, it seem solid, like there was some foam backing.
    I am going to see how far to the outside edge I can mount my ladder as not to interfere with the Talons.
    10-4 on the interference with some braces. The guy at Metalogic was very comfortable recommending the SS sheet metal screws, that they supplied.
    May add the E-6000 adhesive in the assembly tool kit as a backup, if the RivNuts don't work.
    That product from Metalogic is some very nice quality.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mechanic Bob; 10-05-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: wrong callout E-6000
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Ended up with using the sheet metal screws as supplied with the ladder. Also added the E-6000. I did not use the gaskets as supplied, as I was afraid of those creating a weaker connection.
    Also added a grab handle as Bill recommended. AWESOME recommendation.
    Hope I never have to use it, But if I do, I am ready!
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12