Thread: Alum Creek

Alum Creek

I'm going for the first time this weekend. My parents group of camping friends are there because of highschool track. It's only hour and half away and I've never seen it.
    Any pointers or navigation hazards? Planning on using campground ramp.

2. Member
    Pretty easy to navigate at full pool. To be safe, run the middle of the lake all the time. Many points run way out in the lake. It will be busy so be prepared.

3. Member
    you are probable already there but I'll share the little I know and have heard. I've only fished it twice and caught one bass so take it for what it is worth. There is a bridge over the north end and everything north of that is no wake. I have seen a lot of bassers fishing in this area, hugging the shoreline, flippin' and fishing plastic or spinnerbaits. I talked to some tournament guys about a month ago and they all were fishing north.

I've also seen flippin' wood in the small coves of the main lake and I've seen some guys fishing the points with either cranks or Carolina rigs. I heard you can target SM with tubes or drop shot off the main lake points. I tried that and caught either a saugeye or small walleye, I'm not sure which.

Good luck.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    We did pretty well there. Didn't fish as much as I would of liked to due to swimming and visiting with friends in the campground. Caught a decent amount, nothing big. Tried flipping a few laydowns for crappie but blanked. Caught everything shallow. Chatterbait, buzzbait, crankbait, flipping. Lake sets up well for the way I like to fish so I will have to come back.