Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weightless Senko set up

Hey guys tryin to figure out ideal setup for throwing weightless senkos should I throw on flouro or Braid or maybe even on spinning gear Medium heavy? Just looking for some insight or ideas.

2. Member
    It’s a personal preference thing but I use a 7’ medium light rod with a 3000 series spinning reel with 10 or 15 pound braid, no leader. I’m happy with this setup and have been using it for years.

3. Member
    7' 4" MH baitcast with 50 lb braid no leader 5/0 widegap weightless. I throw it in open water and flip cover with it.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

I throw mine on a Dobyns 7'6" on 12 pound test P-Line 5.0 EWG hook. I throw weightless Senkos and Zoom Fluke Sticks A LOT...… By the way, shift to wire hooks to lighten it up when needed. I Don't use Braid because it sinks too fast for me.

Spanky

5. Member
    so your throwing it on mono?

6. Member
    Thats pretty much my current setup pascofishboy except i like 3/0 hook i find when you hook the fish i dont get my hook grabbing lilly pad roots or other cover as easily with the smaller hook lost less fish.I am just curious if would get more bites on flouro

7. Member
    I tried lots of different lines but settled on 15# Big Game green about 5 years ago for weightless 5" Yamamotos and super flukes. I just seemed to get more bites than with any other setup including flouro or braid with flouro leader. Don't know if maybe the fall rate is much different or not due to line or not but have built a ton of confidence in the combo when weightless. Casts and skips well with the right rod and is pretty dang hard to break, even intentionally. I settled on a Falcon Cara 6'10" MH finesse jig rod for it exclusively with 4/0 Gama EWGs. Have an old Daiwa TDX reel on it that is still great with newer bearings. Dirt cheap to respool, which I used to do fairly often also. Line watching on the fall tells me when I get bit more often than feeling anything.
    Last edited by bigkahuna71; 06-01-2018 at 03:15 PM.

8. Banned
    The ONLY bait My Wife will throw and then drag is a 5" SwimSenko. She has the 8-speed Tatula w/the 'fancy gears' (TackleTrap) and that is on a BassPro™ CarbonliteII. 20# Seaguar™ braid and a hook from Japan. The hook is BEEFY and I've only seen it locally.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrimmy View Post
    Thats pretty much my current setup pascofishboy except i like 3/0 hook i find when you hook the fish i dont get my hook grabbing lilly pad roots or other cover as easily with the smaller hook lost less fish.I am just curious if would get more bites on flouro
    I was using flouro leaders for a while I still use a 20lb piece for top water. I do use a black sharpie to color my braid

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

10. Banned
    7' 4" MH Fast 13 Fishing Black Envy with 16# Sunline F C Sniper Green Fluorocarbon on Garcia Revo Mgx 7:9

11. Member
    So I guess what this tells us is it doesnt even matter it all works since no one is the same really on what they do.

12. Member
    During late spring and thru summer I use senko style baits mostly wacky rigged. I always use these baits with a weight 1/32 to 1/8 oz. on a Mustad beak hook size 2/0 or 3/0 in open water with 15 lb. braid. Sometimes I will use a mono (green) leader for those ultra clear water days. This year this lure has produced huge numbers of bass (small and large) and a few large specks. From Jan. to April I will use a stick-o style bait straight (texas style) in the vegetation but I prefer the wacky rig in open water.

13. Member
    I’ll throw my setup in the mix, been using it for years, works in all cover and water clarity. 7’ Medium Heavy Powell casting rod with 15 lb floro, 5/0 gama EWG superline hooks unweighted with a 5-6” senko. Use the same setup for flukes.

14. Member
    I fish in extremely clear water. I am using a 6-9ml spinning rod, 1000 series Ci4 Stradic, 6lb invizX. I am generally wacky rigging.
    I can't get away with braid in the clear water. But I will use it when I T Rig in dirty water and for that I prefer casting gear.
    Question everything!

Quote Originally Posted by DTS View Post
    I’ll throw my setup in the mix, been using it for years, works in all cover and water clarity. 7’ Medium Heavy Powell casting rod with 15 lb floro, 5/0 gama EWG superline hooks unweighted with a 5-6” senko. Use the same setup for flukes.
    Hey, how did you do in that Rodman Tournament??

Spanky

I use a 7 foot Loomis 844 (heavy) with Curado and 12-15 lb mono
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

17. Member
    I'm either using a 7'0" spinning rod with 15# braid OR a 7'0" casting rod with 50# braid.
    15# fluorocarbon leader on either, just my preference for line management, not clarity.
    My hook choice is a Gamakatsu Shiner/Senko hook. Works for me without any issue.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Hey, how did you do in that Rodman Tournament??

Spanky
    Spanky! I did pretty well, I won with 17.2 lbs, had a 4.5 and a 4.75 and a few other good ones! Nice seeing you out as always!

Quote Originally Posted by DTS View Post
    Spanky! I did pretty well, I won with 17.2 lbs, had a 4.5 and a 4.75 and a few other good ones! Nice seeing you out as always!
    Very nice, I had a couple of 4's and a dink. The spinnerbait bite was on for me until the sky opened up...…….

Spanky

20. Member
    Love fishing dock. 6.6 spinning rod mh 8 lbs mono. Skipping a Senko under the docks .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast